Call of Cthulhu: CtHALLOWEENulhu 2017

Yes, we did finish our Hallowe’en game before Christmas!

GM: Nick Marsh
Players: BigJackBrass, RogerBW, Riddles

Session 1: Murder Penis: One year later, the surviving investigators are getting on with their lives, when an old flame calls up with a confused story of madness and, well, more madness.

Session 2 - Death Chicken: All we have to do is guard two people. How hard can it be?

Session 3 - Stiffarium: Complications, and we wonder what to do next. Fortunately, the police have that worked out for us.

Session 4 - Now That You’ve Got a Door, Perhaps You Can Lock It: Someone has a book they probably shouldn’t have, so the mild-mannered party goes off to get some information out of him and deprive him of it. You won’t believe what happens next. Or at least we don’t.

Session 5 - Feeling It For Daddy: Things are becoming clearer. Or at least as clear as they can be when you have 7% Cthulhu Mythos. There will probably be dynamite involved.

Session 6 - Murder: Is It Worth It to Save the World?: A good old-fashioned Whartson Hall Flounder, taking some dark turns as we realise that whatever happens we’re all doomed.

Session 7 - The Best We Can Do: A mildly unexpected turn into murder, animal abuse and dynamite. Well, all right, the dynamite wasn’t unexpected.

Session 8 - The Elephant in the Room: The triumphant conclusion, in which we all do what we do best.

2 Likes

So, erm…that title for the session? Am I allowed to guess who came up with it before I start listening?

Paging LordOf1… :slight_smile:

Surely by now you’ve learned not to ask such questions?

Gandalf voice I have no memory of this penis.

1 Like

#myworkisdone

Just call it… an intuition for these things… :wink:

1 Like

Been listening to discover where the murder penis came from. No clue so far!

2 Likes

Ahh, obvious, really. I wanted to say ‘homicide dick’ but Anglisized so we went for ‘murder penis’

3 Likes

Whartson Hall in a nutshell.

1 Like

Also let’s all consider how excellent Roger’s recommendation of Fritdjof Nansen for exquisite investigator portrait:

2 Likes

I want to play someone who looks like that. In some game, some time.

Session 2 - Death Chicken: All we have to do is guard two people. How hard can it be?

1 Like

So what are we calling session three? Homicide Knob? Fatal Phallus? Dong of Doom?

No, but it’s another Nick-ism.

1 Like

I love we have a phrase for his utterings now…

1 Like

Session 3 - Stiffarium: Complications, and we wonder what to do next. Fortunately, the police have that worked out for us.

1 Like

The way I have always said it is:

“Start a man a fire and he’s warm for a night.
Set a man on fire and he’s warm for what’s left of his life.”

1 Like

Is Stiffarium one of mine? It seems very unlikely that I would be so insensitive.

2 Likes

Unlikely may not be a word I would have associated with you Nick, but…

Session 4 - Now That You’ve Got a Door, Perhaps You Can Lock It: Someone has a book they probably shouldn’t have, so the mild-mannered party goes off to get some information out of him and deprive him of it. You won’t believe what happens next. Or at least we don’t.

1 Like

Session 5 - Feeling It For Daddy: Things are becoming clearer. Or at least as clear as they can be when you have 7% Cthulhu Mythos. There will probably be dynamite involved.

2 Likes