Call of Cthulhu: CtHALLOWEENulhu 2017

Anyone Googling this episode title is likely to end up on a police list.

Most any of these episode titles will suffice I expect.

Call of Cluedo sounds like it would be pretty fun actually.

1 Like

“It was Howard, in the library, with the correlation of the contents of the human mind. Again.”

2 Likes

Session 6 - Murder: Is It Worth It to Save the World?: A good old-fashioned Whartson Hall Flounder, taking some dark turns as we realise that whatever happens we’re all doomed.

2 Likes

IT was certainly darker than I was expecting. ‘Let’s try doing a bit in the zoo’, I thought, ‘that might be fun!’.

2 Likes

Nature, red in tooth and claw. Brick red.

1 Like

The setup for making it look like suicide just seemed so obvious that I came out with it… and only then realised that everyone else was metaphorically edging away from me.

2 Likes

Perfectly obvious. That’s why there’s that well-known phrase, ‘Like feeding a corpse to lions,’ for something that’s so obvious it barely needs stating.

1 Like

Session 7 - The Best We Can Do: A mildly unexpected turn into murder, animal abuse and dynamite. Well, all right, the dynamite wasn’t unexpected.

2 Likes

You say that as if the dynamite wasn’t your fault.

Hanrahan has been expecting to use some dynamite since the last CtHALLOWEENulhu.

1 Like

I’m just glad you didn’t dynamite the elephant.

1 Like

Not just the titles! Listening to the content as well - “… two sticks up the Jacksie …” I thought that kind of thing was reserved for the Bullingdon Club?

Session 8 - The Elephant in the Room: The triumphant conclusion, in which we all do what we do best.

1 Like

Perhaps of interest to Hanrahan is this letter from Richard E. Yates under pseudonym as Horace Hardscrabble.

2 Likes

Hanrahan is now the only survivor from these two adventures. Which is faintly worrying really.

3 Likes

Great campaign!

It’s a shame that Stanley’s ex, Violet Staunton, wasn’t called Jane - then, you could’ve named one of the episodes “(Chaugnar) Faugn with (Murder) Dick & Jane”. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We’ll try to pun better in our upcoming play of Masks of Nyarlathotep!

1 Like

We’ll certainly have more time to think of something.

Masks, eh? Sounds promising. Will any of the investigators be a mathematician? That way, your first episode - which will presumably involve Jackson Elias, one way or another - could be called: Elias, Damn(ed) Elias, & Statistics.

2 Likes