Blood on the Clocktower, Discussion & Travellers Rest

I know we declared whispers. What else?

1 Like

That was it, primarily. I honestly can’t remember if we added or removed structure from the voting. I don’t think we did?

I have never played only watched some videos… a long while ago. the wiki has no rules overview and there is no rules pdf on bgg… will the game teach itself to me as I participate or is there a place to read up on it beyond the wiki?

There is some useful info on the following site If you wish.

https://bloodontheclocktower.com/

I’ll post PDF links tomorrow.

3 Likes

The rules seem still to be on the KS page: Blood on the Clocktower by The Pandemonium Institute — Kickstarter

You need to read the main rules (not on the wiki) and the specific ruleset (Trouble Brewing, which is both there and at the wiki link RossM posted). I know they’ve made some revisions since the KS but I think they’re not huge.

I don’t now remember how we did the voting but general experience with PBFs suggests that doing it strictly in seating order could be pretty slow.

And for clarity – yes, I’ll sit this one out. I enjoy running it, but playing it does my head in. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I think it was a free for all with private messages to the storyteller last time and then prompts in the main discussion when some votes were missing.

Announcing whispers between players is a must as a substitute for walking across the room to quietly discuss something with someone.

2 Likes

I think something that was unclear last time and maybe rightfully so: if you whisper, you announce it. If you respond to a whisper, you announce that. If the conversation continues, do you announce each time you send a message?

I think I was doing this but wasn’t sure if everyone was.

I think you are right that it varied, would be open to suggestions on how best to manage this.

We also announced if it was a long whisper. I.e. someone is conveying a lot of information.

1 Like

I think the format was.

X whispered to Y conveyed a one way communication.

Y whispered back showed any amount of two way communication.

3 Likes

Ok started a PBF thread with the rules and roles.

First time running it so wish me luck. Any comments or suggestions to help with play are welcome here.

Also like I said on the PBF thread I’ll leave recruitment open till Friday when I will post roles out to everyone. If you wish to join and end up just missing the window there are also traveller roles that we can use to get you into the game.

6 Likes

Game question

I seem to remember from SUSD and BGB describing plays of this game about a Vortox (sp?) or something like that, when all information previously given was wrong.

I can’t find any word that looks like that in the rulebook. Might it come up, and if so, can someone explain it to to me please?

It doesn’t ring any bells. In real life there is a “town square” which is the circle formed by everyone.

Or there is a role called the vortox. Where all information is inversed. Although I think this is a traveller or fabled character. I.e. not in our script at this time.

I’ll announce if the town is visited by a fable or traveller.

1 Like

The Vortox is one of the possible demons in the Sects & Violets set, so it definitely won’t come up in your current game.

Good luck to all participating! I had fun playing in a couple of the games on the old forum but sadly I’m too busy to join in for the next two weeks or so.

6 Likes

If this goes anything like our last games, you’ll be able to join as a traveler in a couple of weeks. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, the games on the last forums took months to complete (which is understandable)

1 Like

Yup. I ended up playing two weeks in Michigan when I signed up in the old forum. I thought I would be finished before that trip. Although it gave me something to think about that wasn’t work.

2 Likes

I’ll keep my whisper map posts out here since I’m not playing. Everyone’s connected now:

6 Likes

Thinking after the first day I’ll allow a min of 24hours for discussion and nominations, if there is a nomination I’ll allow another 24 hours.

I won’t count weekends.

What do you think. Too aggressive a time line?

I think we’ve got to give time for everyone to respond. I don’t think we are at this point yet.