Best board games of the 1990s

Yep, I only just noticed yesterday I still have my 4 boxes of that although box 4 is specifically for the history of Das Schwarze Auge (the German rpg I keep mentioning). I would still play that. It’s fun all the stuff you don’t know. I am sure they still make new topical boxes.

1 Like

I’m going to be blunt and say it, even if is not one for the cool wagon. I’d play Space Crusade if I could.
Actually, my copy must be still in my parents house (Spanish version)… :thinking:

1 Like

I have almost nothing from the 90s. 80s, yes 2000s, yes, but not 90s. I have played For Sale and 6 Nimmt, and can attest, they’re real good. As for ones I actually have, the stand outs are:

Chinatown

Settlers of Catan

I have also played Once Upon A Time, but definitely wouldn’t put it in the top games of anything ever. It’s not just about whether the rules work, but also just people who are loud will just take over everything, and there’s absolutely nothing you can do about that. Unless you’re going to literally say “Shut up, nobody wants to hear you talk anymore.”

1 Like

I was rushing to this thread to say Advanced Heroquest, but it turns out it was 1989!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure advanced HQ came out in Spanish in 1990, so sod it, go for it. If it’s not the best of the 90s, it is the best of the 80s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes