AwShux (Away SHUX)

I totally understand the reasoning to choose Tabletopia for this sort of thing… but I’ve really be unimpressed when using Tabletopia and I think I will avoid it in the future, or at least the near future.

1 Like

Alright guys - I excitedly jumped on the site and twitter feed this morning but just realised that they normally host in Canada because of their audience distribution.

Anyone have any clues on the timing for the event today? Couldn’t see any reference to timings on their twitter but saw an exhibitor refer to 11am EST.

EDIT: Ah! Just saw a mini schedule someone screengrabbed - looks like a 16:00 BST start

4 Likes

HEY @SanguineAngel!!!

1 Like

Updated schedule with the TBA spots filled in and a few times adjusted slightly. Today’s kickoff now 15 minutes later, but I doubt anyone expected it to be on time anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I had scheduled an appointment with plenty of time between it and the start of proceedings. That appointment has now been pushed back so a little delay to the start makes me happy :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What do you mean? The Twitch streams always started on time. Sometimes more than once for the same stream! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m back with 5 mins to spare, that was close!

Just posted int he twitch stream chat with the message “Surprise!”

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bigpotato/dont-got-got-secret-missions-with-shut-up-and-sit-down

1 Like

AwSHUX opening podcast is going about as well as the opening ceremony did at in person SHUX last year.

2 Likes

Poor Matt is currently probably either curled up in the foetal position, downing a large scotch or beating his head against the desk. Fun and games with OBS! Glad they got it back working though.

2 Likes

I attempted to watch it, so I of course got a work call about 5 minutes in.

2 Likes

Do we know whether any of this is going to be available to watch later?

I gave up trying to get Twitch to work ages ago, and I can’t use Tabletopia either, so I’m pretty much excluded – but I’d gladly watch on YouTube or Vimeo later on.

They normally post their SHUX panels on YouTube eventually. I have a feeling the same will happen here. There is the Discord as well for chatting and some games are probably playable on other software/services such as TTS, BGA, etc. Don’t know if those work for you either, but if so, you could probably get in some games with people.

I have not yet had the opportunity to try anything out yet, but watched a lot of the Twitch streams yesterday.

2 Likes

Answering my own question, I see that https://www.youtube.com/c/shutupandsitdown/videos already has some AWSHUX videos up.

2 Likes