Antiquity, the most ridiculous game to PBF, beginners-only game recruitment and discussion

I found a sheep with my explore.

Can I use that to start a farm next turn?

Yes, you can.

1 Like

Excellent. I was worried I was going to have to store it.

Well, at some point famine outpaces your harvest, so you will need storage, but that time is probably not now =)

1 Like

Iā€™m happy to stick with my (probable) mistake anyway, but thank you for the reminder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Benkyo ! Just checking here: doesnā€™t famine increase by 3? 2 by exploration and 1 by default?

EDIT Although @pillbox will still place only 1 grave

Yup, should have updated that in the latest image.

1/4 city builds received.

Iā€™m still a bit confused.

Are you able to tell me what resources I have available please?

I think I have 2 wood, one sheep and one free house.

Is the worker who explored in turn 1 able to be reused? I know the 2 woodcutters are still out cutting wood.

Looking at the board, technically I should have moved the cube on the explorer off it, but any cubes on the city map are available for any use you care to put them to.

So, you have one cube spare, one free house that can be built, and the option of building a 1 food house too (though that food might be better off going to a farm).

The goods you have are displayed just below the map in the ā€œharvestā€ area, and yes, you have two wood and one sheep.

So, yes, everything you just wrote is correct, I just hope you can see it all in the image rather than just deducing what it should be based on last turnā€™s actions.

1 Like

Tbh Iā€™ve just woken up and didnā€™t look very carefully!

One more question, do I need another cart to build a farm? Which will take a wood for the cart and a worker which will go to the farm? Does farming work with adjacency, like the woodcutters?

The cart shops are reusable - if a cart shop is manned, that man will build something in the countryside build phase. So, to build a sheep farm, you just need to man a cart shop and have a sheep available next phase. The ā€œseedā€ (cost) is the sheep (not wood), and you will place sheep on the centre hex and all adjacent grassland hexes for subsequent harvesting.

3 Likes

3/4 builds received.

1 Like

Are we still waiting on someone?

Yes, and AFAIK they havenā€™t forgotten about it.

Hereā€™s that problem I warned you about last turn. If you build the stone mine there in the countryside build phase, the exploration token is discarded, and no longer there when we get to the exploration phase. So, what do you want to do about this?

No, you did not man your harbour, IIRC.

If only I had some way of remembering things from turn to turnā€¦ :thinking:

I guess I will lose the explorer, and serves me right for not paying attention :grin:

You could build the stone mine on 4-17. Trade 1 stone in 4 turns time for a food/wine right now.

I didnā€™t.

Oh well