Anticipated games

What is it? I can set up an alpha game

It’s a deck builder where the cards have a variable VP value dependent on player actions

BGG Page - Art Decko | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Game rules on this page - Art Decko - Rio Grande Games : Rio Grande Games

1 Like

I’d love to play!

2 Likes

Interested if there’s space.

It’s 2-4 so @RogerBW you’re not in this table. I have no idea what I’m doing

Anyone else want to join a second table?

Once you’re in the alpha group for a game you can set up a game with other users in the group (so you can also play amongst yourselves)

@Whistle_Pig @yashima?

What ? Where ? How? Sure… but I am not sure I have any time to grok a new game before tomorrow.

Async on BGA.

I’d never heard of it until last night so I have no idea

1 Like

Give me until tonight. I need to learn this game

2 Likes

I will learn it on the go… as I did Clans of Caledonia (somewhat…).
Come on, isn’t rules reading beneath you @lalunaverde :wink:

1 Like

I tried that with Madeira on BGA. It was a disaster. That was the last time Im gonna “click and learn”. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Throw questions up in the in game chat and we’ll work it out together

If you’re still looking for people then sure :+1:

1 Like

Cool.

I’ll set the table up tomorrow as it’s one per day

3 Likes

Omg the good doctor at Lacerda for breakfast:

or at least that was my first association… (Stumbled across this at Spiel Preview)

7 Likes

I’m actually keen on Unfathomable. Not sure if I want to buy it immediately. I will wait for comparisons with BSG.

More Power Grid expansions: the North America/Europe will be available for us plebs who have the standard edition of PG. Plus, New Power Plants: Set 2

Free Ride from Friese. I mean, it has trains on the cover :eyes: :eyes:

Not sure about Clash of Cultures from Wizkids. But I’m keeping an eye on that one.

5 Likes

Huh. I didn’t realise I had a weakness for “glass - making theme / glass appearance game counters”, but apparently I do.

3 Likes

Oooh more Power Grid

2 Likes

I… I don’t think I’m excited about any board games coming down the pipeline right now…

Which is sad. Unfathomable looks kinda shiny, but I haven’t played Battlestar Galactica or Dead of Winter in years and years, so needing an updated version of those doesn’t seem necessary, ya know?

I have a copy of Blitzkrieg! set aside for myself at work and I may pick it up, and there are some new releases for Star Wars Legion that I’m kinda excited about (specifically Yoda and Wookies… I’m not crazy about the Wookie flyer-thing, but I’ll probably pick one up anyways because I’m a sucker) and a big stack of Battletech that I’m gonna bring home because I love me some stompy robots (despite still not playing the game yet)…

But other than that… I think I like my collection where it is. And that’s probably healthy, but also… a little sad?

Maybe it’s just anxiety about the coming holiday season (working at a game and toy store in November and December is rough). Maybe something will come out soon that will fire the imagination again… but right now I’d rather just play the games I own before we go into lockdown again.

(Edit)
Oooh, no, I take a bit of this back… there’s a new Dune game coming that I am legit excited about. Smaller, faster, but just as bitey? Yes please!

3 Likes

I’ve been feeling mostly like this since about… 2019ish I think? I have certainly acquired new games since then, but for the most part it’s been a matter of trying the game a few times, liking it, then buying it, rather than finding out about it well before I can have it.

(There are lots of exceptions of course. I hadn’t played Rallyman GT when I backed it, though I had played quite a bit of classic Rallyman.)

But I see Unfathomable and I think “I played Battlestar Galactica and didn’t rate it over The Resistance, and I owned and sold Dead of Winter”. I see Blitzkrieg! and I think “I’d like to try it out”. I see Imperium: Classics and I think “hmm, interesting, probably not for me”.

(Then I play Imperium: Classics and go “wow, must have this game”. :slight_smile: )

4 Likes