A War of Whispers (TTS, tonight)

How long before legacy games include pots of paint?

1 Like

(I may have just pledged for a standard edition pledge level)

2 Likes

Nope. I swapped Blue for Yellow. And the results turn out to be the same for both factions!

2 Likes

Im gonna do the boring way and by some proxy wooden bits from bgextras.co.uk :joy:

It complements the minimalistic cube armies

2 Likes

I’m sorry for the Great Blue Rampage! The yellow were too comfortable there with all those cities. They didn’t stand a chance :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

The core of the gameplay seems to be about punching down, according to your allegiance or pts ladder, and make people do the work for you whenever possible.

I think I will back it. The standard one, at least. Will have to check the price for UK. Still not 100% sure!

The comparison with Dogs of War was spot on @KIR2 . It’s been years since I have played Dogs of War.

1 Like

Yeah the use of stocks made it feel a lot like DoW on an Inis map. But I think it’s slightly harder to get into those endless pyrrhic battles with WoW since everyone’s locked into the same multipliers rather than buying stock.

I still don’t know how I feel about buying it. The TTS mod worked so well I don’t know if playing the physical game will feel like a lot more faff! Its great fun for the length , not many games fall into that just over an hour bracket. With experienced players I could see it falling into 45-60mins quite easily.

1 Like

The King is Dead falls under this, which is another one of these types of games. Recommend that as well.

3 Likes

New edition of the King is Dead is due to be published by Osprey later this year.

https://ospreypublishing.com/store/osprey-games/board-card-games/the-king-is-dead-45352

4 Likes