A Tube Container for Cube Quest

Cube Quest has two neoprene mat as the “board” of the game. Problem: they crease bad as you have to fold the things inside the game box, instead of rolling them. Dumbass-level production.

I browsed for art tubes but they seem to be too long for the Cube Quest mats. What are the good alternatives other than art tubes? The mats have a length of 40cm.

Thanks!

1 Like

Poster Tubes come in many lengths and diameters

1 Like

And can be sawn to size.

Are you set on the tube not being cardboard?

2 Likes

What about those art cases that students have

2 Likes

I must have confused the two. The art case are the ones I have looked at and they are too long. But if I dont see any alternative, I’ll take one of those

Check your local post office. At least in Canada they’re a treasure trove of general supplies like that. As mentioned you could probably get a perfect fit by having your own poster tubes cut, but usually there are at least a few general sizes available that should work.

1 Like

Amazon UK has 460mm cardboard poster tubes, but only as a pack of 10.

1 Like

That’s a very good idea.
I gave away my copy recently because it took an insane amount of space for what it is, but I am thinking of getting the the new German edition, which -surprise surprise- comes in a tube and takes a third of the space.

1 Like

https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/artist-supplies/a2-art-portfolio-carry-case/5052089289901.html

I meant something like this.

1 Like

I got one! Problem solved!

Dice, mats, and rulesheet all in there. The tube is extendable so that’s great

5 Likes

Where did you get the magical extending tube??

1 Like

I believe this is the same as what I got. You can get it on hobby/arts and craft stores if you want an offline alternative.

1 Like