A Touch of Evil - PBF Game 1

Unfortunately, Anne Marie finds nothing but a dead end, but emerges back into her Manor room without trouble. I don’t think there is anything else you can do this round, so we move to the Mystery Phase.

Each Mystery Phase follows certain steps:

1. Start of the Mystery Phase, where particular revealed game card events may occur.
  2. KO’d Heroes revive (and fully heal).
  3. The Villain Heals (D6 Wounds in Cooperative games).
  4. Roll on the Cooperative Mystery Phase Chart
  5. Draw a new Mystery Card.
  6. Pass the First Player Marker.

So, nothing happens for those first three steps, so we roll for step 4 …

@gmwhite999 asked for a die roll:
Cooperative Mystery Phase Chart: d6: 3

Extra Minion Chart Roll: d6: 1

Evil has emerged again, as a Barghest Hound appears at the Covered Bridge. It remains there this turn, but at the start of the next Mystery Phase it will move towards the nearest Hero.

A Mystery Card is drawn and it is…

Mystery Card Minion Roll:d6: 1

Well, this is going swimmingly…

These Roads Aren’t Safe

A new minion appears - another Barghest Hound! This time though, the current First Player can choose where to place it on the board. So Isabella (@RogerBW) please choose any empty board space for it - I believe that means a road space and not a named space. The Shadow Track though also moves 1 step closer to Darkness!

The First Player marker now also passes to Thomas (@RossM).

Once Roger let’s me know, I’ll redo the board, reroll for movement and we’ll get on with Round 2.

1 Like

Fields as that’s some way from the other one.

1 Like

Round 2 Movement Rolls

• Thomas rolls d6+2: 3
  • Heinrich rolls d6: 3
  • Anne Marie rolls d6: 4
  • Isabelle rolls d6: 6

Round 2 begins and here is the board at the start of the round.

Your movement for this round are (as above):

Thomas (@RossM) 3 (rolled 1)
Heinrich (@Captbnut) 3
Anne Marie (@COMaestro) 4
Isabelle (@RogerBW) 6

As the new First Player, Thomas (@RossM) to go first, and you also get an Event Card for your roll of 1, which is…

• Militia Play Immediately. Place a Militia Marker at any named space on the board (limit one Militia marker per space).

Militia markers add +1 Combat and have 1 Wound which a Hero fighting in that space can use, but they cannot be moved normally.

Tell me where you want to put the Militia and where you want to move too, or if you wish to linger at the Olde Woods - although if you linger the Barghest Hound at the Covered Bridge will get to you on the next Mystery Phase.

Paging @RossM?

1 Like

Ok. I think I’m playing the militia to myself in the Olde Woods, I’m going to stand my ground and draw another card?

Does that work?

1 Like

A fine move!™ Yes it does although we’d have to roll for your lingering to see if you get ambushed while twiddling your thumbs.

Do you want to linger in the Olde Woods?

Yes please!

Thomas lingering roll: d6: 2

Okay - no ambush, but while lingering in the Woods, Thomas finds this:

• Charm (Item): Once per Game Round (or once per Showdown Fight Round), you may force any single die to be Re-rolled.

Nice! Do you wish to take any further action this round?

1 Like

(What other actions can I take?)

True - other than telling the Militia to keep a look out for doggers, not a great deal without Investigation so your turn is done

On to Heinrich (@Captbnut) for his turn then. Heinrich has 3 movement - where do you wish to travel or do you want to linger as well?

I’d like to linger as well please

Lazy knackers: Very well.

Heinrich lingering roll: d6: 3

1 Like