A Touch of Evil - PBF Game 1

I’m toying with the idea of moving as far as possible. There’s no real down side is there?

Not at the stage when we don’t know what we’re doing!!

Is it worth aiming for the corner locations?

1 Like

Think so.

I’ll head to the olde woods please and encounter the location.

1 Like

Rules question - I can hold an extra card from this location, but do I have enough investigation to make the most of that now?

If Ross goes there, I think I have enough movement to get to another corner and then go back to the Woods

Yes the corner locations are the most rewarding and eventful at least for now. Building up investigation helps too, and using it where possible to buy items, secrets, and try to upgrade your Spirt and Cunning in town.

Thomas moves to the Olde Woods and without having to defeat any face up minions, he draws a card - and finds …

• Hanging Skulls: Hollow chimes in the whistling wind, five human skulls hang from a low branch. Adorned with red sigils and feathers, the song of the dead echoes through the woods.

Thomas needs to make Spirit 4+ test and will gain 1 Investigation for each 4 or more rolled. SO let’s roll his 3 d6 below …

@gmwhite999 asked for a die roll:
Thomas Spirit Test: 3d6: 4 + 3 + 5 = 12

1 Like

Thomas gains 2 Investigation, so he now has 4 Investigation. Does he wish to do anything else this turn: look at a Secret card of a Town Elder, or hang on to his Investigation and pass?

Let’s reveal the midwives secret.

Thomas spends his Investigation to examine of Sophie the Midwife, and reveals the following …

• Reluctant Hero: Closely gaurded and quiet, the Elder clearly keeps a reserved manner. Only desperate times can stir this reluctant hero into action.

This Town Elder may not join the Hunting Party in a Showdown unless the Shadow Track is in the Red area - but when she does, the Hero she joins gains +3 Fight Dice as well as the use of the Town Elder’s Special Ability.

Nice!

Turn done, I believe.

Heinrich (@Captbnut) to go next. Do you still want to move to the Olde Woods or elsewhere with your 6 movement?

2 Likes

Heinrich is going to go to the Abandoned Keep please

Heinrich heads to the Abandoned Keep, and with nothing else to do beforehand, draws an encounter card, revealling …

• Honor Among Thieves: Stumbling into a den of thieves and rogues, you quickly realise that you are surrounded!

Make an Honor 5+ test and gain 2 Investigation for every 5+ rolled. If failed, discard one Item of your choice (you don’t have any, anyway) then your turn ends and you are immediately moved to the Town Hall.

Rolling below …

Heinrich Honor Test: 4d6: 3 + 6 + 6 + 4 = 19

A good success: Heinrich gains 4 Investigation, giving him 6. Do you wish to do anything else this turn?

Can I look at an Elder card? The Reverend I think

You can - but not the Reverend as Thomas revealed that at the start of the game, or Sophie’s who Thomas looked at just now. But you can spend 4 Investigation to look at any of the others.

1 Like

Ok, the Doctor it is

Heinrich spends 4 Investigation to examine of Doctor Manning (leaving him with 2 Investigation) and reveals the following …

• Servant of Darkness: Working in the shadows, the Town Elder has been seduced by the dark promise of power and riches. They are now an evil shell of their former self, little more than a henchman of Darkness.

Doctor Manning immediately joins the Spectral Horseman as an Evil Elder: the “Good” Doctor!

Anne Marie (@COMaestro) is up next: where do you wish to move to with your 6 movement - or do you wish to linger?

2 Likes

Going to move to the Manor and encounter the space.

Anne Marie moves to the Manor and finds a …

• Secret Passage. Moving an old book, a creaky door opens to reveal a dusty passage. The faint sound of violin and aroma of sulfur beckons you inside.

She needs to make an Cunning 4+ test and rolls …

1 Like

Anne Marie Cunning Test: 3d6: 1 + 2 + 1 = 4