Your most pathetic showing

Pineapple on a pizza is wrong, but they are lovely otherwise - however anchovies are disgusting. One of my teenage gaming friends used to work as the manager of a Domino’s Pizza branch, so naturally every game night we’d order one or two big pzzas and several soft drinks from him. Mate’s rates of course - but he’d always put some anchovies under one of the slices of each pizza. Taking that first bite out of a slice felt like being in The Deer Hunter!

1 Like

What I like about pineapple on pizza is the salty + sweet aspect it brings and it brightens up the pizza and cuts through the grease. Side note: I don’t like cheese. I’m not lactose intolerant, I just don’t like the flavor. My wife calls me a freak. I can tolerate the mildest of cheeses, such as mozzarella on pizza, American cheese on a burger, and that orange cardboard dust you get from boxed macaroni and cheese (of course, none of those technically count as cheese). I didn’t eat pizza with cheese until I was 14 and my first slice was left over ham & pineapple from Little Caesars. That’s what started me eating pizza.

2 Likes

I am afraid I have more than one “wall of shame” result.

Once we played Just One and had an embarrassing score of two, which is really, really bad. However, the fact that we used an emulator with rather strange words is a bit of an excuse.

Then, there was a game of Dead of Winter, which was over before the first round, because we managed to kill enough survivors to reach zero moral (That was quite a superspreader event at the colony, thanks zombie die)

But I think the worst result was a 4 player game of Rail Pass. I can’t blame Fortuna, I can’t blame a website, it was just us. We managed to get 3 points. 3 out of possible 400! We couldn’t even make 1% of the possible points! At least we didn’t give up in shame, but played a few more times to win back our honour.

3 Likes

We had a couple of friends working in a pizza joint as well, and they wouldn’t lower the prices (they were not allowed) but they would make them special (heavy toppings). And yes, one pizza would have a surprise extra hot jalapeño.

It was worth it, though

2 Likes

I’ve said several times that if losing bothered me, I would’ve stopped playing with my wife a long time ago. She’s a holy terror, I’m rubbish and I’m apparently really good at teaching her games, so there’s no ramping-up process to the ass-kicking, she just gets right to it. My friends and I have even made her first name into a verb, “to maryse”, meaning roughly “to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women”. Some examples stand out:

• Finishing a game of Patchwork at -20 while she was in the high 30s.

• Getting lapped almost twice in Terraforming Mars, and another time in Quacks of Quedlinburg (my mother-in-law was also playing for that one, she looked horrified, LOL)

• Actually getting lapped TWICE (almost three times) in Carcassonne.

• Finishing a game of Full House with her at 250,000$ (of course)and me at MAYBE 10,000. Still with my hotel at level 1.

I don’t ALWAYS lose that badly, mind. I even manage to win occasionnally. No, really!

STOP LAUGHING, I SWEAR I DO!

11 Likes