Wot are you playing (video games)

So I’ve been enjoying a second playthrough of Steamworld Heist 2! If you liked the first one this is a longer and refined entry in the series (and now my favourite in the line).

I’ve also discovered Powerwash Simulator, in proof that as I get older, I get more boring. My wife finds it hilarious that I spend my relaxation time cleaning (even vitually!). It’s quite fun. Kind of wish there was more variety in the upgrades (they’re mostly just a better version of a previous version) but the level variety is pretty great.

I’m also halfway through the final act of Tactical Breach Wizards, which is great fun and not too puzzly (outside of a few missions so far). Also unexpectedly has some of the best writing I’ve seen in a game for awhile (though seems fairly vegemitey - you either love it or hate it).

After getting it for free, and prompted by the new board game review, I had fun with Wilmot’s Warehouse. Definitely worth the price I paid. A sorting/puzzle-y game played solo, and hectic fun as side-by-side coop.

Also Sunless Skies, also free, and definitely worth that price. But the “legacy” mode is exceedingly silly. In a game about reading stories, dying causing any incomplete story to reset is… not good. Thankfully there’s a “merciful” mode, and you can play as if dying is final to maintain the tension.

I like how Wilmot’s Warehouse uses line-of-sight and colours - you can see the outlines of shapes much “deeper” than you can see their colours.

(I want to post the map of my final warehouse layout, but I think that’s too much of a spoiler for anyone who hasn’t finished the game yet. It’s technically impossible to completely spoil, because you only see 200 products out of 500 in any given playthrough, but developing layouts is a significant part of the game.)

1 Like