Wot are you playing (video games)

I’ve been telling myself for ages that my main machine isn’t powerful enough to tun this. But the laptop is. Oh dear.

2 Likes

Well, my laptop is 3 years old now. I opted for whatever graphics settings the game proposed… don’t let preceived lack of computing power keep you from enjoying this quality time sink :slight_smile:

PS: built my first 2 trains and trains are awesome!

4 Likes

Anyone else playing Tactical Breach Wizards?

1 Like

No, but I feel like I probably should be.

It’s very good. Smart puzzle design, great writing, and I love the graphics too. Highly recommended.

1 Like

I played the demo and loved it, going to buy it as soon as I can.

I bought it, and then promptly started playing Morrowind for a second time.

aaaaaaaargh

I don’t really do addiction but this is the sort of game I can play for five minutes and look up and it’s getting dark.

Thanks, I think.

4 Likes

Sorry, not sorry? I think :wink:

I look forward to playing more soonish… work is unending today.

1 Like

It’s all coming back to me now. “Full belt rate” design, i.e. fan out an input belt to enough parallel machines so that it can fill its output belt. Yes yes space platforms very nice, give me a proper cutter rather than just a west half dissolver. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Slowly becoming more organized :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m building up a library of single or limited function platforms, like “stack input X onto input Y” at full space-belt rate. Some of them have stubs to put in rotator lines as needed.

Saving up for layer 3 right now. But I think most of the platforms will probably be single-layer designs (with lifts as needed to collect cutter output and feed stackers), with separate mux/demux platforms as needed for the long belts or train lines.

Compared wit Shapez 1 I’m demolishing old machinery a lot more. That top shape in your milestone list was a very messy setup, but for the ones after that it’s all been rather neter.

Still haven’t quite found a use for the exchange cutter but I suspect it will be very handy once I do.

2 Likes

The exchange cutter is great because you don’t loose pieces thus have MORE output.

The other cutter just throws out half of whatever. So whereever I can I use the exchanger to get more out of the same number of shapes.

I have also made plattform blueprints. I like the idea of having optional rotators…

I am stumbling about the fact that I made my blueprints on 1x1 plattforms and I find those do not produce fast enough when I can easily use trains to deliver to X plattforms at the same time. Some of my plattforms have multiple belt inputs and I have had to use tunnels extensively for better scaling. I will probably attempt to build plattforms for 1x2 that can take twice the amount of base input when only a single input is needed.

I also find myself removing stuff frequently. The plattforms as bigger building blocks help create shapes quickly.

I have made a

• base “mining” setup I can just paste around
  • a diagonal thing like CuCuCuCu → Cu–Cu–
  • a coloring platform
  • a stacker that takes two belts as input and outputs the stacked result
  • a plattform that takes two diagonals and stacks them on top of each other which includes the rotation because I make diagonals always with the diagonal modul which leaves them in the same orientation.
2 Likes

Finally took up Slipways after seeing it here. Frustrating in a good way. Keen to play more

2 Likes

When I get back from Tabletop Scotland, the plan is to make my base platforms more efficient: for example a 2×1 painter that can take paint input from either side of the shape line, and a 2×1 stacker that can be switched between left on top and right on top. (Maybe even with wires for a one-input switch, since those are coming soon.)

2 Likes

I have yet to figure out how to use the wire and logic gates for anything. I don’t mix shapes on belts so far and so I have not needed filters… and I tried to do something like use “conditions” on the plattforms for the “optional” rotation but I have not figured it out yet.

In Shapez 1 I built a make-anything-machine that would accept the blueprint and construct whatever was wanted. (Feed with lots of quarter shapes and raw paint colours.) As far as I can tell they’ve removed the easy way of fixing an imbalance: there was a shape storage like a fluid storage, which would output left until left was full and then output right until left had space again. Combine that with a trash square on the right output, and you could prevent a little-used like from choking its upstream cutter, but not any more. There’s probably some way to do it with a belt reader and belt filter, depending on whether the reader keeps outputting a shape with a choked belt…

2 Likes

I never got that far and likely never will. But it sounds great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have Tactical Breach Wizards on my wish list for a long time now because I like all games by Tom Francis a lot. Can highly recommend Gunpoint and Heat Signature too. All great little games.

Now that I am back from vacation it is just a question of time till I buy TBW.

5 Likes

After a few days off Shapez 2 due to Tabletop Scotland, I have some platform designs that I’m wiring together:

• T-shaped 4-way cutter
  • 2×1 painter (paint from either side)
  • 2×1 stacker (feed top layer from either side, can insert rotators on either or both feeds pre-stack)
  • 1×1 mux and demux (combine two belts/pipes into layers 1+2 on a single belt/pip)
  • 1×1 pinner

All of these work at full space-belt rate (i.e. 4 full belts on each input and output).

1 Like