Who is up for a game of Indonesia?

I have never played, but it is next on my list of Splotter games to try out, and is frequently picked as a “favourite Splotter” or even “favourite economic” game in various best of lists.

Apparently it is playable on https://www.slothninja.com/ in a browser window with full rule enforcement and takes 2-5 players (though I expect 3-5 is the real range).

2 Likes

I’m in. I just need to get through the rules. However, those are just 8 pages, so I should be ready by tomorrow.

2 Likes

Just saw a discord user posting to start a game on slothninja, in both the SUSD and Wehrlegig Discord channels. I’m guessing that he knows the game well and will be a third.

1 Like

Can confirm he’s interested. Still hoping for a fourth.

1 Like

I’m unsure as I’m having less time online. I’ll read the rules on the weekend

3 Likes

@lalunaverde I’m guessing that marathon 18XX session got in the way of rule reading. That said, with Indonesia seeming to be the perfect intersection between 18XX and Splotter, I’m hoping you are still interested?

2 Likes

Yeah. Im in

1 Like

OK, game is up - SUSD game, password “pear”.

Joined the game

1 Like

Great, just waiting on @mr.ister to start. I still have no idea how to play, beyond what I can glean from the rules.

1 Like

Sorry, I was going to toss my hat into the ring but I guess I’m too late :anguished:

Oh well I’ll go back to waiting for that follow up game of The Great Zimbabwe…

1 Like

I am ready to go, but we haven’t started the game yet. So maybe we could open a 5 player game instead?

SUSD game 2 is now open. 5 players, password “pear”.

1 Like

If you haven’t already, I recommend going into “Your account” and switching email notifications from no to yes. I was surprised to see notifications are off by default. Just waiting on @lalunaverde to start game 2.

2 Likes

I’m not getting notifications, how about you?

I do. They lool like once a day alerts. Not sure

So maybe I’m not getting them because I happened to check and see that I was up within a few hours of my turn starting? That’s pretty poor for game pace if that is the case.

Looking at the Google group, there may be a daily limit to emails sent. Maybe I just happen to have my turns for input after the limit has been exceeded.

Apologies but it turns out there’s a bug with the website using Firefox on Linux that was giving me a 404 error when I was trying to bid. I’ve reported it and in the end had to go to my work laptop. I’m happy to report that there are no such problems on Chrome.

2 Likes

Given that notifications don’t seem to be working at all, shall we start tagging the next person to play here?

@mr.ister