What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?

A client phoned the practice today asking if anyone could help with his sick giraffe. I considered it, but didn’t want to stick my neck out.

4 Likes

Been getting into sketching recently, so I asked my friend if I could do a portrait of her. She said no. I asked her why but she simply refused to be drawn.

6 Likes

My daughter nearly went to a school that was just on the television, all transmitted via radio waves! It looked great, but the reception wasn’t very good.

4 Likes

“Been getting into drawing recently, and decided that I wanted to draw a picture of my friends deep in discussion. Unfortunately, one of my friends said no, and when I asked her why… well, she outright refused to be drawn into a conversation.”

(I like the joke, though! Clever!)

2 Likes

A physicist froze herself to -273°C.

People were concerned at first, but her colleagues confirmed that she was 0K.

12 Likes

(Inspired by the Herbalist’s Primer thread.)

My eyelids have gotten really hairy, recently. Must have been due to some strange herb I ate. Despite frequent shaving, the eyelid-hair grew longer and more tangled, at a truly alarming rate! The hospital staff couldn’t help, they just diagnosed it as IHES, idiopathic hirsute eyelid syndrome, and sent me home. In sheer desperation, I went to a dodgy back-alley doctor, who turned out to be a dodgy back-alley witch doctor. Luckily, she knew a cure, but before the witch shared the old family recipe, she first swore me to secrecy. Of course, the problem had only kept getting worse and worse, so I could honestly tell her that my lids were sealed.

5 Likes

Beachcombing can be a dangerous hobby. If you trip and hit your head on a large lump of amber, you might end up comber-tose.

4 Likes

Skeletor was lounging when he saw Beast Man come in the room.

• ‘Hey, Beast Man, do you know what’s the difference between toilet paper and a curtain?’
  • ‘Ehmmmm… no, what is it?’
  • ‘So it was YOU, motherf…!!!’
9 Likes

Just found out that scientists have found a way to weigh rainbows - they discovered that they’re pretty light

11 Likes

They only weigh a refraction of what you’d expect.

7 Likes

Science teacher: ‘And if you want to know the colours of the rainbow, just remember: “Richard of York Gave Battle in Vain”.’ :rainbow:

Student: ‘What a load of bollocks! Can’t you people make up your minds? Half an hour ago, the history teacher told us that Richard of York gave battle in Wakefield.’

7 Likes

My therapist says I have an addiction to vengeance.

we’ll see about that

6 Likes

9 Likes

New favourite dad joke of mine…

“Why sharks live in salty water…?
Because pepper makes them sneeze”.

7 Likes

Two women are hanging out and chatting. One of them leans over and whispers “Last night, I slept with two Brazilian guys at the same time!”
The other, shocked, responds “Wow, you’re so bad!.. but how many is a Brazilian…?”

8 Likes

According to Freud, what is between fear and sex?

Fünf

8 Likes

This took me a second. :smiley:

3 Likes

A: Knock! Knock!

B: Who’s there?

A: Control Freak.

B: Contr…

A: Okay, now you say, “Control Freak who?”

6 Likes

I tried this on my (adult) son. He smiled, patted me on the head and called me a freak, affectionately.

5 Likes

8 Likes