What are you not buying?

broken meeple was kind of lukewarm on it. There was stuff that was really great but hampered with long play time and compounded by a fair amount of luck of the draw.

Well, I bought Wonderlands War

But I didn’t buy, ummmm…(looks around frantically for another new game)…Ra? That’s a lie, I’m totally buying Ra, just deciding on retail/deluxe.

4 Likes

You could do the BGG competition and then wait to see if you won before deciding. :slight_smile:

Didn’t know there was a competition - probably only for US?

No, nothing mentioned there.

2 Likes

Cheers Roger, I’ll check it out

I think I’m much further from buying Dice Realms after watching board game ramblings try it out and say it was dull. My impression was that the physical actions you do would end up being kind of dull but also too big a proportion of the game… (As in the thinking and crunchy parts take as much time as the rolling parts). It’s also well expensive

Yet - Tom Lehman rarely does a duff job and the fiddling of the dice does seem kind of fun.

2 Likes

You know…I am currently not buying just about everything. I think I have hit board game critical mass for now. I will browse sales and even if something sort of catches my eye, I end up shrugging and telling myself I don’t need it right now and move on. I saw a game that was on my wishlist (Archaeology) available used at my FLGS and didn’t bother going in to try to get it. I just feel kind of done for now.

9 Likes

I find it hard to even time to play things I want to play.

5 Likes

This factors into my feelings as well. I’ve got too many unplayed games, or games that have only been on the table once. I want to change that, but buying more and more games just adds to that list, or at least prevents it from getting smaller.

1 Like

Yeah, I really shouldn’t be buying more, so much unplayed. And I don’t fall for every new games that comes along. I always tell myself I’ll sell some games, but I’m pretty lazy.

I am certainly not buying Rumms KOSMOS 680763 Rumms - Schnipp die Krone Exciting dice game for the whole family, also as a 2 game and team game, party game, board game in metal tin : Sibthorpe, Gary, Sibthorpe, Oliver: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

But it seems like a good way of getting CUBE QUEST in any form and even better in not a creased mat format.

1 Like

This is agains the spirit of the thread but I recommend this one. Much better than Cube Quest

EDIT: The art tube I bought for Cube Quest is now used to store Billabong

1 Like

I couldn’t actually work out where to put this, but I thought it was worth a highlightin!

1 Like

I watched the no pun included review of ankh. I will not be buying it. Although it sounded enticing. I hope posting here encourages me to stick to this opinion

3 Likes

Passed on Ra, went to a games shop the other day and to my shame bought only an expansion. Saw Ankh review and thought about all the similar games I own but haven’t played enough of.

Heading to UKGE on Friday for the weekend - will all I see be a desert of meh?

1 Like

I don’t think the majority of new game releases suddenly became rubbish at the start of 2019 – I must reasonably assume that something changed about me. And there are a few things since then that I’ve pounced on with great joy, like the new Sentinels. But my first reaction to an announcement is now “does it do something better than a game I already have” and “what will I try to get rid of to make room for it”.

4 Likes

With some oases of great games.

I’ve got an order or two with bgextras to pick up. Then I’d like to see what’s going on with Oink and I’m pretty much going to see what’s going on.

1 Like

Get rid of everything first might be an interesting tactic to try! A sort of tabula rasa for stuff you like but updated with modern senibilities and aesthetics.

Let me tell you about this thing called “Reverse Kondo” :joy:

3 Likes