What Are You Drinking?

I found this in my fridge a few weeks ago. I said something to my wife, and she said “I’m so excited!” she’s a big fan of actual pina coladas, so I wasn’t terribly surprised.

When she actually got around to trying it, she said “Someone will like that.”

2 Likes

Wow thats damning with the faintest of praise!!

1 Like

I don’t think they will!

No, I expect someone will. It was a very stongly tasting of coconut beer, with maybe some hints of something else. I only had a sip. I regretted it for an hour. But it’s not bad, from a techical standpoint, it’s just a bad idea.

If you like strongly tasting of coconut beer, you’ll like this.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d probably go for this.

A cider sour. Still cider, bourbon, lemon juice and ginger syrup. Cactus glass optional.

4 Likes

You lie. That cactus glass should be mandatory at all times.

5 Likes

On an IPA. The elder god vibe couldn’t be resisted.

4 Likes

I’ve been trying some low and no alcohol beer recently. I hate being hungover and trying to get taxis (if and when we ever go out).

Imo, Heineken and Peroni zero both taste like their boozy brethren. San Miguel zero is vile (but I don’t like the “real” stuff).

Had some good ales; Ghost Ship from Adnam’s (which is brewed near where I’m from) is excellent as is Erdinger (if you like wheat beer).

Also a couple of surprisingly decent low alcohol ciders - although one of them was essentially Appletise.

My in laws took us out for a swanky meal. I drove but drinking water or coke didn’t seem right. The Peroni was really good with it and I had a clear head in the morning.

4 Likes

We have recently had some really good no alcohol beers from craft breweries. Maisel & Friends makes a good one, and so does Stoertebecker. I also happen to like the alcohol free Jever because Jever is already quite bitter the alcohol free version retains that and most alcohol free beers are too grainy tasting.

PS I still like the taste of a good Pils much more than it’s non-alcoholic little sibling but drinking alcohol is often not an option.

3 Likes

I’d recommend Brooklyn Special Effect as a good one as a zero (or very low) alcohol lager which I’m very fond of. I similarly like Ghost Ship.

3 Likes

Personally, I’d much rather drink Appletiser than cider, but that’s why I was driven out of the West Country …

4 Likes

All Of The Tea. So Much Tea. It Is 4:23am. This Does Not Bode Well. MOAR TEA.

2 Likes

Dubonnet & gin.

6 Likes

Tried this with lunch, was hopeful as McGuigan is usually ok. It wasn’t great, wine is a long way behind beer in the no alcohol stakes

3 Likes

I’ve only ever tried one alcohol-free wine. I was curious and slightly optimistic as I’d encountered it at my favourite wine shop and had some faith in their choice, but no… it was awful. 90% of the bottle was tipped down the sink. Maybe there are good ones out there too, but evidentially some of the options are pretty dire.

3 Likes

there are a few sparkly ones that are palatable in an Aperitif. but you better know a sommelier to tell the okay from the bad.

I’ve been to restaurants serving none alcoholic (mostly) fermented drinks with each dish. there are alternatives for a dinner.

4 Likes

The other Essen haul.

7 Likes

I’m having a ‘cuppa’ at work. (We have an almost limitless supply of King Cole Orange Pekoe at the office).

3 Likes

I’ve ordered a C2 as an early Xmas gift to myself.

Looking forward to my next coffee delivery.

I’m eying up a ceramic dosing bowl to be extra fancy. I suspect I could make do with my Aeropress scoop.

2 Likes