Watcha Wearin'? A Thread about Wristwatches

BBB today.

3 Likes

A new one! Well, new to ME anyway. This is a ‘90s Concord Saratoga. It’s a Swiss Made “high end” quartz that almost requires a computer engineering degree to set properly. I muddled through it, but I have little clue how to access its laundry list of functions. At least it’s immune to the Y2K bug and can display the current year! It’s not something I would’ve bought for myself, but my jeweler friend gave it to me as a gift.

I guess one sign you have a real “problem” is when your supplier starts giving you stuff for free. :crazy_face:

Addendum: I should’ve pointed out that the display here is set to the perpetual calendar with day of the week at 11 o’clock, week of the year at 1 o’clock, and US style date (MM/DD/YY) below the hub.

6 Likes

It’s Speedy Tuesday! I’m wearing mine, and have switched it back to the bracelet.

3 Likes

This is utterly amazing. Such commitment and skill.

2 Likes

BTW, I am wearing the “Gee-Vee” today. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This is my only watch. You might possibly remember me buying it during the course of the original thread, but I never took a photo of my own one at the time. It’s not expensive, and it runs slow enough that it needs adjusting at least every other day; but I’ve been very happy with it – I’d fancied the idea of a pocket watch for years, and it turned out that I enjoy wearing it every bit as much as I’d imagined. For scale, it’s presented here alongside a standard reference cat.

P1280114s

4 Likes

Is that an Imperial cat or a metric cat?

2 Likes

He’s pretty imperial most of the time.

2 Likes

I know this is a watch thread, but I got a new coat yesterday and I love it

Can’t really see, but there is lots of orange detailing.

5 Likes

And to continue the colour scheme…

I love my watch but haven’t worn it for months because of all the hand washing

5 Likes

< Reported and banned. > :smirk:

4 Likes

That color does go well with the coat. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Because orange is objectively the best color: you’ve just won the internet!

5 Likes

I’m wearing a chronograph today as well.

3 Likes

YEEEAAAHHH!!!

4 Likes

Wearing the SST on this unseasonably warm day! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Some “fire-and-forget” electrically-powered classiness today.

1 Like

Speedy Tuesday!!!

2 Likes

Old school today. Oris Pointer-Date, ca. 1990.

5 Likes

Again not a watch, but after a few false starts with the lenses I finally have my new specs. (I feel bad for the lens rep, he’s a nice guy who works with me and my wife and I kept having to send them back.)

Frames are designed by a friend of my wife’s. As it’s my job I love weird specs.

6 Likes