There are times when I see no point in making stuff up any more

Last year, Taylor asserted that Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, which devastated parts of Texas and Florida respectively, were created and controlled by the Illuminati to punish the areas of the country that voted for Trump and to serve as a “training run” for a massive witchcraft attack against the president. On top of that, Taylor warned that the Freemasons and the Illuminati are using a special frequency to change people’s DNA in order to make them hate Trump so that they are unable to see how God is using him to save America.

I mean, if that had been in GURPS Illuminati, people would have said “hey, wait, this is a bit too far-out isn’t it?”.

Source

2 Likes

There’s a tendency when we invent things for a game to make them at least a little bit consistent and explicable, perhaps so as not to seem arbitrary and unfair. Real life has no such limitations.

3 Likes

Yeah, the grand, sprawling conspiracy comedy/thriller is kinda dead as a genre these day, isn’t it?

3 Likes

As the full quote from Mark Twain says: Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn’t.

2 Likes

This has reached the level of family joke in which my father keeps a list of events so strange that they would not fit in a Faulkner story. It can be gallows humor indeed to discover the circumstance affecting the morning headlines.

3 Likes