The Red Cathedral: Big Lovely Crunch in a Tiny Box! (SU&SD Review)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZl5etNocnc

2021-05-19T16:53:37Z

2 Likes

So has anyone of you played this? It got a lot of buzz for Spiel last year but so far no copies made it to Germany as far as I can tell. SVWAG also recently mentioned this.

2 Likes

I own it but haven’t had a chance to play it yet.

The review has pushed it towards the top of the list of stuff to play. Hopefully I’ll get to meet up with a friend for some games soon.

1 Like

every time Matt started another sentence my heart sank a bit. At the start it looked like a fun game but there were exceptions and rules on top of rules all over the place before it reached a tipping point.

1 Like

When I first saw this game, the box it came in, and the player count that included a 1, I was instantly sold. Then I read the fiddly and non-coalescing rules heard some firmly mediocre reports about the solo mode, and watched Matt’s review, and now I’m never going near it. :smiley: It looks like a well-made game, but about a Proclaimers’ Walk away from what I want in a crunchy Eurogame.

2 Likes

Glad I didn’t bought it. My friend preordered it back then, which killed my desire to get it. Sounds like the type of game that I don’t want to play nowadays. Which is funny because I bought Devir’s other small boxgames such as Silk, Ratzzia (Sophia Wagner’s game, not Knizia’s), Karekare, and La Vina