The Myth of Vagrantsong | Board Game Biographies Episode Two

2022-08-09T13:54:19Z

2 Likes

Another good video - hits some really niche topics and ideas which would have taken some good work to figure out.

2 Likes

Good stuff indeed! And one doesn’t want the culture not to appear at all (which is more or less what happened to black representation in US media when the stereotypes were banned)…

1 Like

Apparently I watched different cartoons to Elaine.

Do Efka and Elaine live in the U.S.? I thought they were in the U.K., but based on this video I presume I’m wrong about that. She talks about “the constitution” and “the civil war” with no locational context (and hence implicitly “here”), yet clearly referring to the USA.

1 Like

They are in the UK (Luton I believe) but since the game is talking about hoboing in America it seems reasonable to assume a US context.

(When I was young there were occasional Betty Boop cartoons but mostly what got shown was Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, and the like.)

1 Like

There was a joke about being “in the South” in the video, and Efka can be heard saying “I don’t think they mean [somewhere]” and Elaine is like, “Ohhh…”, which implies a non-[somewhere] context at any rate. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They moved to Nottingham a while back.

2 Likes

Indeed. I believe after they inherited a sum of money Elaine was able to quit her job as a Librarian and the two of them could purchase a house, in a location that wasn’t London.

2 Likes

Just as I moved to the same town as them they announced they were leaving. My brief dream of becoming friends with them ruined :joy:

4 Likes

Commiserations on having moved to Luton :grimacing:

1 Like

I did live in Luton for a bit, don’t live there now. Pretty sure NPI were based out of the nearby town that I currently live in.

1 Like

I used to live in Bedford, so it’s mandatory for me to be rude about Luton (and Milton Keynes) :grin:

2 Likes