The Cthulhu Hack: Save Innsmouth! A Student Documentary

A two-part experiment with minimalist role-playing: The Cthulhu Hack.

Session 01 - Drop Your Trousers: Character generation and initial explorations of the future spa site

Session 02 - This Is What We Trained For In Liberal Arts College: I don’t have to be faster than the monster, I only have to be faster than you.

3 Likes

Poor unfortunate undergraduates.

Good call on sport though. I do know some former scholarship hockey players from that area. Also the following from Chaosium’s Miskatonic U book:

“In loose order of popularity the varsity sports are football, ice hockey, crew, basketball, baseball, gymnastics, swimming and diving, track and field, and boxing.”

What, no tentacle wrestling?

I was looking up universities in the area and seeing the sort of thing they did. This may be considered excessive research, if you believe that such a phrase can ever be valid.

1 Like

Excessive research? Perish the thought.

Interestingly further down the same page MU contains the following:

“The University prohibits wrestling as a team sport for reasons of propriety, though this chafes the athletic department.”

As this is a default 1920s book I think we can expect that Fighting Cephalopod boosters will have supported at least a token wrestling and judo effort by the arrival of “Good Ol’ Guts” on campus.

2 Likes

Session 02 - This Is What We Trained For In Liberal Arts College: I don’t have to be faster than the monster, I only have to be faster than you.

1 Like