The Crowdfunding Thread

The right way of kickstartering if you want to feel happy.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just had a big promotion. Itā€™s okay. I keep telling myself. :sob::sob::sob:

9 Likes

Same. I still fking hate the big box and crap inserts they gave us. But I dont wanna buy the whole thing again and sell the old one. Iā€™ll ditch the hero inserts (not the main - the only useful one!) and bag them instead

2 Likes

And there will be a ā€œjust the new bitsā€ option.

5 Likes

How was your experience w the game (question applies to everyone else who backed). @EnterTheWyvern and I had a cracking time with it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m enjoying it but havenā€™t had the reps to really dig in with a well formed opinion. Need to find a group who do more than play a game once and move on. A few of my friends are definitely interested though so fingers crossed.

I find it much easier to justify an expansion for a game I enjoy and want to play more than an entirely new game. :sweat_smile: Iā€™d probably hold off if the expansions were to enter retail, but that seems unlikely at the moment.

I am annoyed the new box isnā€™t an option. Iā€™d much prefer a smaller box that you can slot the heroes you want to play in and take that out the house. Baggies and tuck boxes sounds like a good solutionā€¦ but looks like only the old set will have tuck boxes? So regardless of what we do there will be a difference between new and old. Frustrating

2 Likes

I mean, if you wanted to rebuy the game and sell your old copy, youā€™d get the new boxā€¦

Prooobably not worth it though. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Genius! More games should do this. Really pump those numbers haha

This is a big part of why Iā€™m reducing my game numbers and have hidden some away. Iā€™ve really enjoyed repeat plays recently of Cthulhu Wars and the campaign of Expedition to Newdale. I have hopes to get streaks going for Food Chain, Indonesia and 18Mex as well as a few more. Mottainai if @lalunaverde can avoid traffic and arrive early too. Would certainly be keen to add GoA 2 to the rotation. If it holds up it looks like itā€™ll get juicy for interaction and tactics

6 Likes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trickytime/tricky-time-crisis

Anyone backing this? I think it sounds really interesting. Itā€™s just the shipping to the UK thatā€™s putting me off

2 Likes

I swear hoping for a light gun game for some reason.

4 Likes

Back in the day we used to move the sofa so we could play time crisis with actual cover.

6 Likes

Cephalofair now producing over 500 miniatures to replace the standees in all the gloomhaven games :joy:

Not even April fools!

Is this for real? Hate to think how much it would beā€¦

It has to be. Official cephalofair project. Selling the RPG and frosthaven. Itā€™s all legit.

Even if you like minis, thatā€™s a whole lot of extra set up :joy:

I knew they were doing an RPG game, but didnā€™t expect that. 500 - thatā€™s justā€¦a lot. I wonder if the owner of our Frosthaven game will back it. He bought a boatload of Batman, so heā€™s clearly into plastic. I think he just likes Batman. Heā€™s never threatened to play it with us.

They announced that a while back. I canā€™t imagine wanting it but to each their own.

For another 29EUR I can have my Rallyman bits.

Came with free access to everyoneā€™s e-mails!

4 Likes

While not ideal, that seems better than just losing it all.

Indeed, personally not worth it for me