The Crowdfunding Thread

I can’t even finish Jaws of the Lion, so GH and FH are just not for me.

3 Likes

Same! I played JotL with two characters who don’t work together, played a couple of games with two who do, and still have barely started it. Not allowing myself more until I finish that one.

4 Likes

Maybe better quality minis than GH but maybe not to many peoples taste Iron Maiden Eddies

1 Like

They only have four characters, and there are pairings which don’t work together??

2 Likes

Yup.

The Demolitionist looks like a good melee to pair with the ranged Hatchet, but only works in fringe situations. Game got MUCH easier when I moved to Hatchet / Red Guard.

2 Likes

If you were intrigued by Resist! but not interested in the theme, Witchcraft! appears to be essentially the same game with a fantasy theme, where you play as a coven of witches trying to protect their village against evil – but at the risk of being revealed as a witch, imprisoned by the villagers, and put on trial for witchcraft.

The “What’s New?” section of the campaign page describes the differences to the original game.

I thought that “Resist!” was very solid, so on the one hand I’m interested, but on the other hand it seems doubtful that I need both. (Very coincidentally, I just started reading a book based on the Lancashire witch trials. I can’t imagine that’s going to help me here!)

7 Likes

Oh that is a nice cover. And yes, I am the type “interest but not with the OG theme” :slight_smile: Thanks!

5 Likes

I really like Albert Monteys’ artwork. He also has a digital formats pay-what-you-want sci-fi comic book series which looks kinda great (I just saw this today while looking at comments about Witchcraft).

3 Likes

Phantom Division is on gamefound now. Co-operative, dexterity based sci-fi. A successor to Seal Team Flix, which I have, and never actually played. I like the sci-fi theme a bit more.

5 Likes

I’m not going to be backing in the end. The campaign has a few huge holes (zero mention of the overhauled wall system, even in the components list??), and I really hate the art style. This isn’t something that would necessarily be a deal breaker but I’m seeing some evidence of AI generated assets (about which someone is already raising concerns, it seems), and I’m not into that at all. Disappointing effort here, IMO.

[EDIT] There is now a related thread on the game’s BGG forums. Not loving the response so far.

4 Likes

I backed Time Lancers. In part because I haven’t backed a thing in a while. But also in part because i like the idea of this kind of fairly free form resource collection thing with a spatial aspect - who knows it might be too much. (Also ship feomthe UK which sweetens the postage a fair bit).

2 Likes

Next Capstone Iron Rails game will be on Kickstarter because for some inexplicable reason it needs METAL TRAINS (The most metal train I ever saw was the Demon Train from Zelda Spirit tracks).

Unless it’s an absolute steal, I’ll wait for retail as I’ve no interest in Metal Trains.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/capstonegames/iron-rail-4-age-of-rail-plus-metal-trains

3 Likes

Reading between the lines it seems like it’s a bonus thing on top of the game - something to add niceness to share with the other games.

2 Likes

Oh I dunno, the iron fortresses from Koutetsujou no Kabaneri are pretty metal…

3 Likes

Well. yeah that’s just taken top spot now I’ve seen it

3 Likes

I prefer:

3 Likes

Is it just me that instantly thinks ‘Nazi tank turned in to a train’?

5 Likes

Maybe just my lack of familiarity with nazi tanks, but I did not make that connection.

1 Like

As memory serves from the Valkyria Chronicles (which I am… 82% sure that’s from?), the Nazi-analog is pretty much on the nose. Although, interestingly, the “Allies” aren’t the good guys in the story (the heroes are a sort of… Finland? Norway?.. they fight to remain independent from both sides, although one side directly attacks them, the Allies try to kidnap the head of government… anyway, weird story, but good game).

3 Likes

It’s from Laputa.

The soldiers even have little spikes on their helmets, it’s not much of a stretch.

3 Likes