Terms for forms of government

I like the terms “isocratic” and “ochlocracy”, and intend to use them.

Is there a succinct term that might be used e.g. to replace “representative” in such a phrase as “federal representative democracy” to indicate that office-holders and assembly members are chosen by lot rather than voting?

Sortition is the usual poli sci term for that type of selection process. I’m not sure it slots neatly in as the part of speech you want.

1 Like

I might not be an actual German, but I can inflect! “Sortitional”!

Thank you.

I think there’s precedent for “sortitive”.

1 Like

Rigged? :rofl:

1 Like