2023-07-12T19:48:37Z

1 Like

Genuine concern for Tom based on the thumbnail

1 Like

Tom has to be on Lemmy why else the beans? ooooO

1 Like

My phone crashed on this frame while the audio continued playing :joy:

1 Like

Ah, this is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to hear. Their lustre was really worn over the last 4 or 5 years, even before the pandemic. A chance to stretch out and relax with more things that they want to do is the right thing to do. Wish them the best :+1:

7 Likes

Yes, I hope the team finds their mojo. IIRC this isn’t the first time they’ve made a video rather like this one, but hopefully it pans out the way they hope. I look forward to seeing what the ‘studio’ brings. And I think that Tom has been consistently smashing it, regardless.

3 Likes

Really hope playthroughs come back in some fashion. I’d imagine it’s some of the hardest content to schedule/film/produce though! I still return to their Space Cadets play through from time to time.

5 Likes

Just got the donor newsletter where they outline some of the stuff the mention in this contribution and it sounds like Pip is going to take a more active role with the site. Which is super exciting. Pip is the best.

4 Likes

The changes would make me watch SUSD again. Because right now, I don’t watch them unless they do those crazy 7 small box games review or whatnot.

Not that their current format is bad. It’s just not for me. I don’t want to keep watching people who just play the hot games every week or so - there are exceptions like Modern Art review which is a surprise (well, reviewing an old game shouldn’t be a surprise tbh) or them playing in Twitch. Watching for hotness that are for me is my side job already.

5 Likes

Yeah, at this point I tend to prefer the podcasts to the reviews. So I’m excited for the new direction.