Star Trek Ascendancy (recruitment)

Moved everything over here.

Crisis: Antedean Terrorist Plot has you roll >A or return “all TAs you hold”.
Crisis: Writ of Accountability has you roll +A >6 or return “all TAs you hold”.
Crisis: Xenophobic Uprising has you roll +A >6 or reclaim “all your TAs held by rivals”.

So I think a strict reading supports “your TAs” = “the TAs that say [your power] on them”.

But I’m usually on the other side of this argument, because with these game designers, you can’t rely on strict reading. And thematically I think “the TAs you hold” makes more sense.

I’ll make the change, and raise a BGG query.

I’ve just asked, Roger, so no need to duplicate.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2840452/cardassian-delegation-and-trade-agreements

1 Like

I admit I agree that “the TAs from your faction” is a more consistent interpretation of the wording…

… yet it would be strange for an Exploration card to only affect rivals instead of the actual active player who explored the system!

407 posts were merged into an existing topic: Star Trek Ascendancy game 6

As a side note… regarding this card. In reality, that card should have been discarded and a new one drawn simply because we have no Cardassian Players in this game (our play group decided because it is a Cardassian player expansion card; which normally would not be in this deck). But also, if we did have a Cardassian player; if you read this description of the card, you’ll see that it should only affect the player who drew it and not a detriment to all other players (as it seems you have done here). ie. The player who drew the card, should have had all their TA’s in front of them exhausted because 'they had to deal with this delegation and therefor it affected trade they would have otherwise gotten from other players.

Cardassian negotiators may seem thuggish and combative, but they are subtle manipulators, often extracting concessions from their established trade partners. A Cardassian Delegation enriches the Union, ensuring that vital resources flow back to Cardassia Prime in greater quantities. The Delegation may also benefit a loyal friend of Cardassia boosting their bounty as well. However, the meticulousness and detail of Cardassian negotiations will mire unaligned rivals in bureaucratic red tape, with valuable shipments of resources lost to onerous regulations as they host these Cardassian disruptors. (ref: GF9 website for Cardassian Expansion)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Star Trek Ascendancy game 6

It’s fine to propose that as a variant, but this discussion was about how to interpret the card.

As discussed above, and on BGG. I moved this out of the main game thread so as to avoid cluttering it up.

Roger, when can we start a new game?

I’ve got a lot of other stuff going on; some of it will end in a week or two, so I hope “after Tekelilicon”.

2 Likes

I’m in, I’m in!!! And we even have two new Factions out there!!!

me too. I’m available.

1 Like

For those of you who don’t read BGG: Mattias Elfström, who compiled the excellent Unofficial Complete Rules we’ve been using so far, has decided in the next edition to part company from the “official” rules where he feels it makes the game better. Which is fair enough. As a result, I’ve taken on the job of compiling an “all the official rules in one place” rulebook – to include Dominion and Breen when I get them.

1 Like

Okay. Are we ready to have a game? is this the start of recruitment? :hugs: :crossed_fingers:

(contemplates the five things I have to do today) Not yet, but I may well ask people to review early drafts.

1 Like

I saw the post @RogerBW and am happy lend my eyes.

Just make sure the Breen ships are facing the correct way.

1 Like

Or add a caption. “A Breen ship reversing.”

2 Likes

I’m aware… Not being a fan, I see that he has just published the UCR 3.0 .

I’ll be willing to proof-read your document, when you have a draft. Or if you need help or suggestions, you can ask here. (I’m not a graphic deisgner, by the way).

2 Likes

Well… happy new year, I suppose.

:roll_eyes: any news about a new game? :grin:

3 Likes

Giving it some thought. Need to integrate the Breen/Dominion material.

How do you find the new material Roger?