Star Trek Ascendancy game 5

…and then at the end of round 7 the Vulcans declare victory, having 8 warp tokens on their completed advancements. Which to most of you is clearly a bit unexpected. Congratulations to @RossM!

Things to do for a future blind game:

– ignore the angle thing where everyone’s at the top of their own map. And in fact don’t keep individual maps the way I did this time. Instead, just keep the single master map as usual, but tweak the exports to show people only what they can currently see.

• don’t roll the space lane dice at all, but instead feel at liberty to hook up systems as I see fit. (I did carefully place the Singularity Cluster exactly a space-lane-2 from Straleb Madena when I locked down the latter.)
  • in general, be a lot more interventionist in the mapping. (I tried quite hard to let Federation and Klingons meet, but the space line die wouldn’t play.)
  • maybe leave out the Vulcans? I mean, any race can win by turtling and building up Culture, but some of the Vulcan options actively encourage this.
1 Like

Blimey, well done Ross! I was nowhere near! Hadn’t even bought my first Ascendancy. Looks like you did well with research nodes and very well with anomalies but still well played!

I haven’t played Cardassians before. I must say I find their limitation really very… uh… limiting. Slowed me down greatly in the early game but I was just starting to pick up momentum. Then… wallop! Well done. Now I know how the Aztecs felt.

1 Like

congratulations!

I felt the same way about the Ferengi. I felt like I was just starting to pick things up

Incredibly, incredibly lucky.

First system I found was a level 2 warp capable system with two research nodes.

Ascendancy three meant hegemony was easy and then I bumped into the federation who has discovered two pre warp civilisations they couldn’t colonise.

I had 4 research nodes when most people were still trying to get ascendancy level 1.

Vulcans are super powered. The extra warp token and the ability to create fleets turn one means they are perfect explorers.

1 Like

Wow, well done! And I thought I was lucky finding the Argolis Cluster right next to Kronos…

I particularly like how the Cardassians appear to have found nothing but massive amounts of production no matter what direction they went in.

2 Likes

None of which worked if I didn’t have a frikkin’ ship in orbit! But I was getting 8 production a round and thinking ‘Finally! I can start to explore!’

Newp.

1 Like

I thought I was just startign to get my Ferengi up to speed. Trade Deals etc etc.

Woops.

1 Like

So……… Any chance of another blind @RogerBW . Maybe some Breen?

I’ll put it on my list. First step, check the TTS mod to see if it’s been updated with new content I can use.

There’s some room for discussion over rulebooks (the new official ones are much clearer than the old, but they’re not the same as the UCR we’ve been using here).

1 Like