Simulated Cardboard - Click here for Quarantine Resources and Ideas

Thank you! I included my information in the Find a Group section above and added 18xx.games to the section of platforms. I will also check out the discord!

2 Likes

All of the Tiny Epic games from Gamelyn Games have a solo play mode. The solo mode for Tiny Epic Galaxies has 5 different levels of difficulty.

4 Likes

That’s a great tip!

Welcome, @JessIAm!

Is there a favorite game in the series that stands out to you as a solo experience?

I enjoy Tiny Epic Galaxies in solo a bit. I tend to play it at a favorite hotel on the Oregon coast or at coffee shops (when I’m not forced to isolate)!

2 Likes

Just wanted to add my agreement that the solo mode for Tiny Epic Galaxies is indeed very good.

3 Likes

I feel like this BGG thread of official or creator-approved TTS mods is likely to be helpful for folks:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2410414/official-or-aproved-tabletop-simulator-mods
A fair number of Kickstarter demos and such, but also e.g. several Awaken Realms titles (Nemesis, The Edge: Dawnfall, a working prototype of The Great Wall) with the full knowledge, approval and cooperation of Awaken Realms; most Level 99 titles. Etc.

3 Likes

Thanks; I added mine. (It’s now become a geeklist.)

Probably not of interest to anyone except me: I’ve located the spot in the Tabletop Simulator “Downtown” background, in the Polish city of Sopot.

2 Likes

On Switch they just released 51 Worldwide Classics /Clubhouse games. My partner and I are the playing connect 4 a lo.

There’s now an official version of Codenames available completely for free: https://codenames.game/

There’s also a very basic version of Azul someone’s created: https://azee.mattle.online

5 Likes

For anyone interested, Tabletop simulator is available at 50% off for the next 5 days from Humble Bundle

(spotted on the BGG Hot deals - Europe forum)

5 Likes

4 pack of TTS is 28€ in steam summer sale right now or 10€ for a single copy… so if any of your friends have been hesitant… now is a good time. Note: it will be the same next sale though.

3 Likes

Dominion is at Dominion Online if anyone is interested.

1 Like

I own both the app and the base game for Aeon’s End but I have a socially distant friend who wants to learn the game… what’s the best way to play a game with him?

I do not know the game all that well, I’ve played the app a bunch of times but it manages so much for you… I’ve only played the cardboard version a couple of times and I do not have any expansions. Is there a beginner friendly TTS mod? The ones I found are all “look I have all of the bosses and all of the characters and all of the cards, aren’t I pretty?”

1 Like

I don’t know the recent state of TTS mods for AE, but I’d have thought one that scripts setup but then lets you get on with playing the game would be a good start.

2 Likes

If you just want to play the base game, I’d do the app. Rules enforcement, etc. Probably the easiest intro at this point, in my book, is Aeon’s End Legacy and there’s at least one TTS mod that’s just that. (The omnibus mods don’t usually include the actual legacy campaign, just the components you can use in a regular Aeon’s End game.) There is probably an old implementation or two that’s just the base game or maybe with the first standalone expansion, but TTS’s main advantage over the app is being content complete.

2 Likes

I just thought some of you might like to know that Rio Grande has released some official TTS Mods:

(thank you r/boardgames)

• Beyond the Sun (my copy is still out there getting printed, edit: the mod is scripted und looks really nice, now I only need to teach myself the game and… also: Spacebiff did a podcast with the designer which was lovely)
  • Beta Colony
  • Northern Pacific
  • Transsiberian Railroad
5 Likes

Cool. Thanks

1 Like

Has anyone tried Beyond the Sun on TTS yet? I’m playing an alpha version on BGA at the moment. I’ve no idea of the strategy but it’s fun. I haven’t had a chance to look at TTS.

1 Like

I was teaching myself the other day… but haven’t got to the point where I was starting to play two handed. The mod looks nice though. Scripted set up… I had hoped to get some gaming in yesterday but it was not to be.

1 Like