Should You Buy Slay The Spire: The Board Game?

2024-05-16T19:06:13Z

Matches up with my own thoughts on the game.

3 Likes

The price (and the fact I do not get any games to the table anymore, all my group has scattered) is the main reason I didnā€™t/havenā€™t picked this up.

I love Slay the Spire and a co-op version sounds amazing. Itā€™s just ā€¦ thatā€™s a lot of money for something I can play on my Switch already.

1 Like

As someone who has never played the computer game version and therefore has no positive associations with it, is this worth looking into as a purely tabletop experience? The impression Iā€™m getting is ā€œprobably notā€.

(I know Tom said ā€œgo away and play that firstā€, but I barely do computer games at all.)

Iā€™m not seriously looking for an answer unless someone wants to rave about it; I have a lot of games already and most of them were designed ab initio as boardgames. For example, Ashes or Aeonā€™s End.

1 Like

What Tom said.

I now want to play Slay the Spire digitally again. Iā€˜ll have a look at SPIEL but my interest is mild. It is a great deckbuilder and I am so happy I can get a deckbuilding fix like that on my computer/tablet/switch (yes I have all 3 versions)ā€¦ I have enough deckbuilders for my table and more than enough campaign games to pester people withā€¦

1 Like