Shameless self-promotion (RPG department)

We don’t have an overall ban on advertising here, but I was there when spam started and I don’t want it to happen here. This topic is explicitly for showing off stuff you’ve done that you would like people to look at; and people who don’t want to see that kind of material can block the topic.

(I’d still rather you didn’t turn up here, say “yay I have this thing”, and go away again. This is a community rather than just another space to put advertisements into; if we want those we know where to find them.)

4 Likes

And while someone else asked about this recently, I have a specific reason for creating this thread now: I will be the lead playtester, which basically means the playtest administrator, for the upcoming GURPS Furries by @whswhs of this parish.

Now obviously this posting isn’t the official announcement; that’s over on the SJGames forums. But apart from the technicalities of rules, “Knowledge of anthropomorphic material in graphic novels, animation, art, and other media, and of its historical sources and inspirations, is also important” – and the broader a range of knowledge we can get, the better.

(I am not the only person who makes decisions about who’s in and who’s out. I will however hint that ability to follow directions will significantly increase your chance of getting picked.)

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=169164

1 Like

On one hand, I really need to have all the furry racial templates gone over as closely as possible. But on the other hand, I need commentary from people whose knowledge of furry material is deeper than mine—especially of current furry material, which I know less well than the classics of the era of alternative print comics: Erma Felna, Omaha, Usagi Yojimbo, and their ilk.

2 Likes

I feel like I was one of those pushing Roger to do this, so, hi, I wrote a thing too. Sorry.

I took part in a game jam for Cthulhu Dark (or in a fancier second edition) scenarios set in Italy, and now I have a mystery that I would like to keep on developing.
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a play-test session in video chat (3.5-4 hours max). I would need two players per session, but if there is more interest I might organize multiple games. Just let me know here or feel free to message me.

Content Warning: this is a horror game, and this scenario in particular includes power imbalance, body horror, objectification, cannibalism, and possible eating disorders. For the playtest, we will use the X-Card during and Lines and Veils during the game to keep things in check.

If you’re curious, the thing I wrote is here. Maybe don’t read it if you want to play it as a character, but otherwise I’d be delighted to hear what you think. Be aware that it was written for this jam in a very short time, so it’s still rough around the edges.
The rest of the game jam is here.

3 Likes

I know I would be too much of a scaredy-cat to play out your scenario (thank you very much for the content warning by the way), but I really enjoyed reading it! I especially liked your introduction to Bologna… it sets the tone perfectly. Good luck with your play tests.

1 Like