Regicide PBF recruitment

Nice. In that case I shall play 7♠ which deals with the remainder of the King’s attack.

1 Like

Strictly speaking I believe it isn’t (any such hints are covered by “Players may not at any time communicate to the other players what they have in their hand”); but my comment was really just a thinly-veiled request for @Captbnut to play the Queen of Hearts : ) (or to ensure that the tavern had been considered, at minimum).

1 Like

Castle: K♣ attack 0 health 17, + 1 more
Current damage done: (Q♥ A♠) 7♠

Discard: 6♥, + 16 more
Tavern: 18

COMaestro hand (6)

A♥ A♣ 8♥ 10♣ 9♠ A♦

Captbnut hand (3)

J♠ 10♦ 10♥

Phil hand (5, inc. K♠)

Jester K♠ 5♣ J♦ 6♣

and over to @COMaestro.

1 Like

Play 8 :heart: with A :diamonds:

2 Likes

I think I was remembering the Jester section, where it says “Players may not discuss specific cards in their hand at any time during the game”. Hinting that I have a particular suit does not discuss a “specific” card.

Even the part of the rules you quoted is ambiguous, as suggesting I have a heart in hand is very different than saying “I have the 5 :heart: in hand”. But it could also be interpreted as not being allowed to communicate any information at all. Probably something that should be clarified in the rules, or just agreed upon by all players at the start of the game.

1 Like

The restrictions as stated are indeed open to interpretation. I’ve seen a couple of clarifications from the designers:

But in the end…

…and anywhere in the middle if (as you say) it’s agreed by the players, as a form of group-specific difficulty control.

I think we’ve played this game very much at the intended end of the comms scale, and I think we’ve done fantastically well.

2 Likes

Castle: K♣ attack 0 health 8, + 1 more
Current damage done: (Q♥ A♠) 7♠ (8♥ A♥)

Discard: 4♠, + 7 more
Tavern: 21

COMaestro hand (6, inc. K♥)

A♣ 10♣ 9♠ A♦ K♥ 4♥

Captbnut hand (6)

J♠ 10♦ 10♥ 9♥ 2♣ 3♦

Phil hand (6, inc. K♠)

Jester K♠ 5♣ J♦ 6♣ J♥

@Captbnut to play.

1 Like

9 :hearts: for the kill

Jack :spades: against the new King. Discard 10 :diamonds:

1 Like

OK, after both of those:

Castle: K♦ attack 10 health 30, + 0 more
Current damage done: J♠

Discard: 10♦, + 7 more
Tavern: 29

A♣ 10♣ 9♠ A♦ K♥ 4♥

Captbnut hand (3)

10♥ 2♣ 3♦

Phil hand (6, inc. K♠)

Jester K♠ 5♣ J♦ 6♣ J♥

@Phil to play.

Given public knowledge I think you’ve got this.

2 Likes

I play a Jester to disable the diamonds immunity (because why not stick to my plan to hobble this King entirely, even if it’s now entirely unnecessary? : ), and then choose myself to go next, and play the K♠.

1 Like

Castle: K(:diamonds:) attack 0 health 10, + 0 more
Current damage done: J♠ Jester K♠

Discard: 10♦, + 7 more
Tavern: 29

A♣ 10♣ 9♠ A♦ K♥ 4♥

Captbnut hand (3)

10♥ 2♣ 3♦

Phil hand (4)

5♣ J♦ 6♣ J♥

@COMaestro to play.

2 Likes

It does seem pretty safe, doesn’t it? : )

It started seeming really promising quite a while back, but I didn’t want to celebrate too soon and then find that one of us ended up with a catastrophic hand that couldn’t defend.

In the middle of the game, I was not predicting this outcome – when the third Queen in a row disappeared into the discard pile, I was pretty much expecting us to crash and burn when we hit the Kings! – so congratulations are definitely in order!

Well, almost… bring it home, @COMaestro !

2 Likes

Just for fun, let’s use 9 :spades: and A :diamonds: for an exact kill.

4 Likes

After my final play I’d looked to see what all the hands were, and I and couldn’t decide whether you were going to go for the exact kill with 10 damage or the ludicrous overkill with 42 damage : )

1 Like

@LukeTheBadger I believe the app has a victory screen? How about a screenshot? : )

1 Like

Both were tempting, but took the tactical option in case there was a hidden royal in wait. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone

I can’t believe we won that, and at such a stroll in the end.

I think I messed up 3 of my first 4 or 5 turns, but then just kept pulling great cards. The Ace of Spades to combo with the Queen of Hearts on the last King was just bonkers.

1 Like

You guys still powering through this? You are crazy! You’ll have to get on TTS or Tabletopia and play it without the visibility of other player’s cards for pro level :slight_smile:
I won’t give you the victory screen but here’s an official thumbs up to validate your victory.

:+1:

5 Likes

This was another game that we played with closed hands

Yep, like @Captbnut indicates, this last game was “pro level” :slight_smile: – closed hands, with no discussion of hands, except for a couple of minor accidents (which I believe didn’t affect the game at all), and the decision to openly display the information which all of the players already knew (a concession we made to the fact that turns might be something like 24 hours apart, and expecting players to keep that open information in their heads over those time-scales was not workable).

(Big thanks to @RogerBW for making that possible – you put so much effort into running that for us, and did a great job!)

2 Likes