Railroad Ink Challenge (plus expansions)

Round 13 (final surface round)

4 Likes

Round 14 (final underground round)

How did everyone do?

2 Likes

I felt I did fine. My score for the top half did look better than my usual but the example in the rulebook scored much higher… so here it is:

Score of

121 if I calculated everything correctly.

Curious to see everyone elses routes.

3 Likes

Pretty pleased with how my underground board turned out in the end. My surface board was fine but I could have done with a couple more rail pieces towards the end.

If I’ve calculated my score correctly (and please do say if I haven’t! EDIT: I didn’t, but it should be correct now) then I got a total of 131 points.

Surface Board

47 points

Underground Board

84 points

3 Likes

@yashima I think you’ve undercounted your underground network score by 4 points - it should be 32.

1 Like

Thank you so much for doing this @Whistle_Pig , that was really fun!

Were you also playing along?

2 Likes

Total of 89.

Details

• Main board:
    Connected exits: nets of 7 + 2 = 24 + 4
    Longest Railway: 6
    Longest Highway: 7
    Central spaces: 5
    Errors: -7
    Main board total: 39
  • Underground:
    Water pipe nets: 2 = 4
    Subway nets: 6 + 2 = 20 + 4
    Longest water pipe: 7×2=14
    Longest subway: 11
    Central squares: 4
    Open water pipes: -5
    Open subways: -2
    Broken pipes: 0
    Underground total: 50

Thank you @Whistle_Pig!

4 Likes

115 total for me I think.

44 surface and 71 underground

Board Pic

4 Likes

100 for me:

@RogerBW I think you’ve counted some mismatched exits in your network score, but you should also have extra points for doubling the score for your longest pipe.

4 Likes
Overground

Underground

I had missed the bit about scoring double on water pipes too. Thank goodness we’ve got @Whistle_Pig! My starting strategy was to play like a Galaxy Trucker (avoiding loose ends at all costs) but then reminded myself that we were unlikely to be hit by meteors in this game… I think?

3 Likes

“Meteors” dice are in the Red box.

3 Likes

I did the same, trying to avoid loose ends. It didn’t end too badly for me. I have played the app a lot recently and if anything the loose ends can ruin a great score. (Also I have still not managed to complete a board without loose ends in the app—there are achievements—but I once did it iRL)

2 Likes