Polar Fudge Adventures: The Extraction

A return to FUDGE, but can we resist outrrrrageous French accents?

Session 1: Delacourt of the Rumpled Pants: Character generation, and a mission that will get us safely out of Paris.

Session 2: Even the Vegetables Have Plots: We’re guests of an allied power? We must corrupt them.

Session 3: Cyril the Unhappy Dog: Out and about in Madrid. What can go wrong?

4 Likes

You can find the system we’re using, Polar Fudge Adventures, at the other end of this oh-so-convenient link.

It’s free to download and well worth trying. The adventure is also free and quite easy to find, but I’ll delay linking so as not to tempt any of the players into doing something naughty enough to get the Inquisition involved.

3 Likes

Reader, they could not.

4 Likes

I’m shocked! Shocked to find gambling in this establishment!

4 Likes

(Your winnings, sir.)

4 Likes

Thanks for mentioning the Lawrence Ellsworth translation, I’ll keep an eye open that edition. A recommendation for other swashbuckling fiction set in the same historical era as the musketeers is Captain Alatriste by Arturo Perez-Reverte, with the focus on Spain rather than France.

2 Likes

Session 2: Even the Vegetables Have Plots: We’re guests of an allied power? We must corrupt them.

5 Likes

Session 3: Cyril the Unhappy Dog: Out and about in Madrid. What can go wrong?

4 Likes

It’s great to see whartson hall
Using fudge a lot it seems to be a system that doesn’t get a lot of love

2 Likes

Sadly true.

1 Like

Arguably, it doesn’t need it. Much as I’d like to see Steffan get fame and fortune from the design, the thing is out there and people know about it and are using it; it doesn’t need a new edition with a million-dollar kickstarter to be “a success”.

True, but I’d certainly like to see it out in the field more often. One real problem, I feel, is that it has such a low profile that many newer gamers have simply never encountered it.

3 Likes