PBF Paranoia - the Computer is your friend

I’m thinking of buying Paranoia again - I loved it when I was younger.

Would anyone be interested to play? I think it could be interesting to run online because it will be easier to do secret messages and so on.

4 Likes

Interested! I have run Paranoia, for one moderate length campaign, and played it just once.

2 Likes

I was 15 when I last ran it so no idea if I’d be a good Computer!

2 Likes

The time I played was classic (and Classic). The game-mistress is arbitrary, self-confusing and vindictive, which is very bad in most TTRPGs, but positively advantageous when running Paranoia. When things ended, I was the only player not to have lost a clone, which was a bit suspicious, but when all the pros and cons had been tallied, I ended up discovering a hidden win condition in her version of Alpha Complex.

I was theoretically demoted to Infrared, but for political/cover-up reasons, I had to remain a Red trouble-shooter, living in Red accommodation, getting Red food and medication, and so on. I’d just never be sent on any missions. She was quite annoyed that I was happy about this; the character, of course, was busy vowing to earn the Computer’s trust again.

3 Likes

I love the idea of Paranoia, but I don’t think I can be Lassiez-Faire enough to actually play.

But gosh it’s a neat system. Especially the “knowing the rules is against the rules” bits.

1 Like

Tentative interest depending on how it will work (and how that fits with other commitments)!

The Year is 214. It is always 214. No project is ever late if the year never changes…

Sign Me Up.