PBF Mage Knight

Green to gold.

r1t2001fame

The skill choices are:

• Dueling from the common offer
  • Elemental resistance: Once a turn: Ignore either the next 2 points of damage assigned to your Hero from a single Fire or Ice attack or 1 point from another type of attack
  • Thunderstorm: One a round: flip to gain one green or blue mana and one green or white mana

And a card from the Advanced action offer:

If Dueling is chosen, Blood Rage is the only card you can take. If Elemental Resistance or Thunderstorm is taken, any card can be chosen.

Over to @Lordof1

Goldyx uses Stamina and a Threaten sideways for 3 move, to get in range of the mage tower.

The defenders are revealed as Illusionists. 3 armor, resistant to physical attacks. Their attack is a randomly drawn (summoned) monster, which attacks then disappears. Despite the fact that it’s an illusion, any damage from the summon is real.

I should like Elemental Resistance and Magic Talent.

1 Like

Yes, but I’d rather not be fighting them!

1 Like

Hng okay so I have no idea how much block I need, and block is all or nothing so anything I put in is likely to be wasted if I’m unlucky. Regardless, I’m getting a little behind already so I need to try something. Hm.

So… I think I need to play ‘Swiftness’ for the move 2 to get onto the tower. Next up is ‘Mana Draw’, using the white mana for the more powerful half. I’ll set the black die to red, and take two red mana for this turn.

Then I’ll play rage with the red mana, for the more aggressive side of 4 attack, and finally determination for 2 attack to defeat the illusionists. I don’t have enough cards for any blocks and I’m not sure what I’d need either so we’ll just have to go with it and take my lumps.

'Foolish spellweavers! Your smoke and mirrors frighten me not! Come down here and feel my WRATH!’

(Goldyx actually looks quite nervous about whatever it is they’re going to summon, but he deals with stress by shouting a lot)

You don’t need to decide all that until we see what the attack is. For now, you have played Swiftness to assault. -1 reputation.

enemy_dungeon_werewolf_x2

The illusionists conjure a werewolf. Attack 7 and it is swift, so any block would be halved against it.

Please note there is gold mana in the source, so there is no need for you to use mana draw to generate 2 red, if you intend to only use 1.

Ah yes, I’d forgotten about the gold mana. In that case I’ll save my Mana Draw card so I get an extra card next round (because of preparation).

Yeesh, a werewolf! Haven’t a prayer of even slightly blocking it. Ouch. I’ll keep on with the move as planned though. No pain no gain, therefore, lots of pain must equal substantial gain.

1 Like

Goldyx takes 4 wounds.

r1t2004fame

First, you gain a spell for conquering the mage tower:

I’ll draw your skills once that selection is made.

Please note that with your hand size of 6 (wounds count for planning!), this means you will draw the advanced action into your hand, but not the spell that went onto your deck before it. Unless you discard Mana Draw at the end of your turn (after all rewards), which is an option.

Meanwhile, the gold rolls to white, and @Marx is up

Doesn’t ‘preparation’ give me an extra card on top of my hand size?

You mean Planning? Yes, which is why you have an effective hand size of 6 instead of 5.

1 Like

Ah I see, sorry, thanks.

I think I’d better go for ‘Cure’ after that bloody werewolf attack. Do wounds arrive straight into my hand or just get shuffled into my deck? If they go straight into my hand I will discard Mana Draw so that I definitely draw the new heal spell please.

Wounds go straight into hand.

Your skill choices:

• skill_purple_Dueling
    Dueling

• thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

• skill_green7
    Glittering Fortune: Once a turn, during interaction: Gain 1 influence for each different colour crystal in inventory.

• skill_green3
    Red Crystal Craft: Once a round: Flip to gain 1 blue crystal and 1 red mana.

Please confirm your choice to discard Mana Draw after making your skill and AA selection.

Okay, so to Explore it’s 2 Move, right?

In which case I will play “Mana Draw” with a White Mana. I’ll use to to change a Blue into a Green, gaining 2 Green Mana tokens (and returning the dice to the pool as a green, since Mana Draw stops the re-roll).

I will then use a Green Mana Token with “March” for Move 4, and then discard 3 more cards (two Rage and a Determination) in order to move past the Ruins to the grassy field and explore north-ish.

Skill: red crystal craft please
AA: fire bolt

Yes, I’d like to discard to ensure I draw some healing, please! Ouch. Lycanthropy isn’t contagious or anything is it?

The orcish war beasts are brutal (double damage), and resistant to fire and ice.

The red crystal mine gives you a red crystal every time you end a turn there (note there is an inventory limit of 3 for each crystal type).

White rolled to Gold.

@lordof1 I’m guessing it is, but as a virtually immortal mage knight (and draconum, besides), I assume you are beyond such concerns.

Over to @yashima

(The observant will note that Wolfhawk’s deck is now empty, so although Marx has a full hand of 5 cards and might want to use them, the end of round cannot be all that far off)

1 Like

Rule explanation:

For green countryside tiles, you can’t create chains of single tiles. So, in this image, the areas marked X can’t be explored until the area marked O is filled in. In other words, a tile can only be placed next to a tile that is itself adjacent to 2+ tiles. As I mentioned above, brown core tiles are stricter: can only be placed adjacent to 2+ tiles, and cannot be on the coast (i.e., they can only be on the darkest shading on the map image).

2 Likes

Icon explanation for the units:
Herbalists can be recruited in villages and monasteries, neither of which we’ve seen yet.
For Thugs, villages or keeps, and negative reputation makes them easier to recruit, and vice-versa.
Familiars, mage towers, monasteries, and magic glades. Reputation has no effect when recruiting them in magic glades. They have a mana and upkeep cost too, explained on the card.
Shock troops keeps.
Red Monks monasteries.

2 Likes