“Oy!” “Wut?” Just chat (The Return of)

I received a DHL delivery notification this morning, and was excited by the possibility of the arrival of Railroad Ink… it turned out to be a fruit cage :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Just had a Zatu notification for Hornet Leader plus ancillary bits… still no news of Railroad Ink here.

4 Likes

The real question though: What the flip is a fruit cage? Does it keep fruit from running away? I know some pears that cause rampant chaos when released, but is this true of all fruit, and can they be stopped by a simple cage?

3 Likes

It keeps pesky birds from eating fruit from my garden before I can. It also keeps the neighbourhood cats safe from the more vicious strawberries…

4 Likes

Miffed. Wanted to check out Ginkgopolis solo mode. Turns out the game is missing 15 tiles (exactly 1 of the 4 punchboards). Contacted Pearl Games, instant reply: go ask Asmodee.

Which I just did. I have little hopes.

Probably going to have to return the game.

Yeah, I think the universal Asmodée policy now is “we are the sole source of spare parts”…

if they are a source i don’t care. as long as i get a playable game…

Yep, this game is not part of our publishing catalogue we cannot help you.

:man_facepalming:

Can you return the game?

1 Like

My least favorite option. First time ordering something from outside of Germany except for Kickstarters. Belgium…

But yes obviously I will contact the store. It will cost me I guess. I’d consider trying to print replacement tiles myself… but I don’t even know where to start.

Pegasus replaced the damaged board and missing manual immediately… no questions asked. Also not going to order international again.

It’s sad how Asmodee is able to get away with things like this. Outside of the Asmodee bubble, the rest of the boardgaming industry seems much more personal and friendly.

2 Likes

The thing is they have bought up so much stuff… it is not easy to avoid everything that goes through them. I wasn’t even aware Pearl Games was part of their mess.

I also just played a round of their Troyes Dice for the first time. It’s my second favorite Roll & Write now (after the unbeatable Railroad Ink). It makes me sad.

1 Like

Just so you all know Beyond the Sun is in stock in Belgium.
Meh. Obviously not at the place I ordered.

2 Likes

In slightly good news the shop got back to me they will contact the German distributor where they got it for me.

Here is an image of the ginkgo tree in my dad’s garden.

But what I really want to know is: does anyone beside me kind of enjoy watching Tom‘s Boring Unboxing videos?

1 Like

Oohoh I just saw Railroad Ink is in beta now on BGA :slight_smile:

Is it possible to play solo on BGA? I have not been able to figure out a way. I do understand the idea behind playing with other people… but sometimes I wish I could have a look at the implementation before committing to a game with someone else

1 Like

When I’ve done it (e.g. on Rallyman GT), it’s just a matter of setting up a table, picking the right mode to allow it (often “training mode” as they don’t want people getting their ratings up by playing solo games), then setting the table size to 1.

1 Like

Ratings? What are ratings? Is this like an arena thing? Two go in, both go down? :wink:
I’ll try that at my nextest opportunity. Thank you.

While using geekgroup.app for some nerdy number analysis, I noticed an interesting milestone.

If you include Poseidon and 18Lilliput and also the “dual-game” game boxes in my collection, I have eighteen! 18xx games.

• 1822: The Railways of Great Britain (not counting MRS/NRS as separate titles)
  • 1824: Austrian-Hungarian Railway (Second Edition)
  • 1830: Railways & Robber Barons
  • 1840: Vienna Tramways
  • 1844: Schweiz (in 1844/1854 dual-game box)
  • 1854 (in 1844/1854 dual-game box)
  • 1861: The Railways of the Russian Empire (in 1861/1867 dual-game box)
  • 1862: Railway Mania in the Eastern Counties
  • 1867: Railways of Canada (in 1861/1867 dual-game box)
  • 1883: Building Railroads in Northern Italy
  • 18Chesapeake
  • 18CZ
  • 18Lilliput
  • 18MEX
  • 18MS: The Railroads Come to Mississippi
  • 18OE: On the Rails of the Orient Express
  • Poseidon
4 Likes

Got any recommendations for going down that rabbit hole?

3 Likes

You have already entered. We all saw that post about you playing an 18xx game last week-end :wink: