“Oy!” “Wut?” Just chat (The Return of)

“But my beard is better.” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The other chap is bald so I did think, “… but I have much more hair.”

Verbalising that might have been unkind. :joy:

6 Likes

Is “not my name” the name of the person or the name of the beard?

I ask, because it’s a common misconception that Tom Selleck is an actor. Tom Selleck is actually the mustache; the name of the actor is still unknown.

10 Likes

This afternoon I joined a call with someone I’d not properly met before, but had seen around the office. Their first words to me, “I recognise you from your profile picture, I’ve seen that magnificent beard around the office.”

10 Likes

Oh, wow! Was that the case with Burt Reynolds??

3 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: A Halloween Games Thread (because we can)

Unrelated: happy belated Arkihipov Day everyone!

12 Likes

See I only missed this because I still haven‘t listened to the latest SVWAG… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Does anyone have an indoor hygrometer that they trust the values of?

I bought one from ebay recently which is showing wildly different temperature readings to a thermometer I think is pretty accurate, so I don’t know how much I trust the RH reading.

2 Likes

I have one of these, which seems to work okay:

Might be a bit over the top though!

3 Likes

I mentioned on the Crowdfunding thread I might want to make a geeklist: Games with Dixit Cards possibly superfluous though: Mechanism: Image Interpretation | Family | BoardGameGeek (this does not include all games from my list but most and a few more I don’t know)

4 Likes

I’ve played Codenames Pictures using the Mysterium cards. It was rather odd but quite fun; the Codenames Pictures cards are carefully drawn to mean exactly two things, which we found made it far too easy, so…

6 Likes

I just reported a bin-man for fly-tipping. What a weird sentence to type.

4 Likes

I submitted my votes for the BGG 1-Player Guild Peoples’ Choice voting. Here’s the top 9

As I have time, I’m working on writing up my thoughts on my top 20+ in a geeklist. If I finish it, I’ll post that as well.

7 Likes

I tried to say something about each entry; the earlier entries were done when I was very tired in the evenings, but I made sure to put some extra effort into the top 5

7 Likes

For What Remains: Streets of Ruin

Oooh. Makes notes

Star Wars: Outer Rim

Oooooh. Didn’t need the encouragement but moves it up the wishlist

5 Likes

I must admit I didn’t know you could play Concordia solo… That brings it up in my list… very curious now…

The solo version of Architects of the West Kingdom… I suggest you give it a go. I haven’t played Paladins or Viscounts, and even though it is a bot ruled by random cards… it is very enjoyable. My only gripe with it is how the bot focuses a tad too much on the Cathedral building and the high virtue, and if you manage the black market well you might have an advantage there… But I still found it engaging enough. Even without the bot complaining about how many of its workers you have as prisoners…

3 Likes

A solo and 2-player expansion for Concordia by Mac Gerdts and Frank Lamprecht.
(14+ years, playtime approx. 60 min)

In CONCORDIA SOLITARIA you compete alone or in a team of two against the tricky opponent CONTRARIUS. As the cards you play also determine the reactions of your adversary, only skillful planning leads to victory.
In a two player game you can either compete with CONTRARIUS as a cooperative team or challenge it individually.
CONCORDIA SOLITARIA may be played on any of the maps and with any other expansion for CONCORDIA.

Requires either the base game CONCORDIA or CONCORDIA VENUS to play.

Content:
72 cards, 4 dice and rules
Difficulties:
standard, veteran and expert

Enables solo, team-vs-bot, or 1-v-1-v-bot. Very interesting solo AI design.

3 Likes

Inspired by all the 1player guild solo lists, I made mine with pubmeeple, reduced it from 90 games to 20:

Never made a top 20 solo games list before :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Today I found out we are living the future

5 Likes