Opinion/Review of Sell Sheet for my Cricket Game

I am about to start the process of looking for a publisher for my cricket game Bat on Ball and have developed a “sell sheet” for it. Basically, this is a flyer to show to prospective publishers to attract their interest. I created three versions - one with a plain white background and two with photo backgrounds - and am undecided which version would sell the game more.

If any of you are game/graphic designers or have experience in making such sell sheets or publishing games, I would welcome any comments or feedback you have on my efforts.

Many thanks in advance.

6 Likes

I am neither but I definitely prefer the last one.

2 Likes

Last one - its thematic but also clearer than 2. (I am not a designer either)

1 Like

Also not a designer, but I also like the last one. It is clear to read, but has a thematic feel to it. Honestly, it looks like it could be the back of the game box.

1 Like

I like the last one as well, but also not a designer

I am not a designer, but I speak the language, a bit. The first sheet looks a bit too basic. The second one has a problem with the background brightness being too similar to the inset photos. The third cures the second’s brightness problem, as well as being more appropriate for T20 in particular.

I’d like to try playing the game, if that’s possible on this forum?

2 Likes

We tried a while back as a forum game using a TTS version I built as the back end, but it didn’t get anywhere. I think it would work better over a table where you can get someone’s decision straight away.

2 Likes

I will send you a private message later this week, as I am still busy with work for a few days and will soon be working on the latest IPL game stats now that that tournament enters the playoffs. I have some PnP assets for the game and if I had time and knowledge to digitize it somewhere/how I would do so. Roger is right though, in that this is not the sort of game for forum play and needs physical/digital tabletop play at its best.

1 Like

I still have the TTS version I made for you. Happy to hand it over if you TTS. (I think it’s the best prototyping platform.)

1 Like