Oops, All Card Games!

2023-03-17T16:46:59Z

In this 52-card episode of the Shut Up & Sit Down Podcast, Ava and Tom are chatting about a whole bindle of different card games - some of which Tom took with him on holiday, some of which are new adventures in the world of trick taking, and some of which are juuuust for Ava. It’s a rambly wander through a whole bunch of different boxes… right here.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Timestamps:

03:21 - Yokai Septet

08:56 - Bridge

20:55 - Ghosts of Christmas

24:00 - Nine Lives

30:02 - Bug Council of Backyardia

33:07 - Skull King

38:21 - Innovation

1 Like

Innovation gets a new convert! Welcome to the fold, Tom.

I need to play more Innovation. I’ve had it in my collection for years but only manged a couple games. It’s been interesting enough, though, to survive multiple cullings–the small box helps–but I really want to play it more.

Good to hear of Tom trying out Bridge. Never played it myself - my younger-self’s trick-taking games of choice were Ninety-nine and French Tarot - but one of those games it would be good to try with the right people.

4 Likes

Innovation sounded really neat, not gonna lie. Definitely added to my prospects list.

2 Likes

It’s on BGA if you’d like a game! I’m pretty terrible at it though :laughing:

1 Like

I think Innovation is amazing, definitely in my top 5 games. We’re close to 300 plays now and every game feels different and we’ve not touched an expansion yet.

Only Race for the Galaxy comes close for the amount of game in a small box

3 Likes

Joe Reese from the Train Rush was dumping a lot of games in the Geekmarket and so I have been grabbing some tricker takers I cant find elsewhere. Alas, I got beaten by somebody to Bug Council.

I am not a fan of Skull King as it is Oh Hell (see “card games that don’t suck” series) but with a lot of complications for a trick taking game.

1 Like

I played so much Oh Hell! on BGA during lockdown. It’s good fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind, thank you! I’m not on BGA and my life is pretty busy right now, but I appreciate the offer!

1 Like