One-Shots and Miscellanea

I thought it was an entirely reasonable thing for you to do!

1 Like

Good thing she hadn’t been sloshed on sake, or Cointreau… Then again, she could’ve had a friend whose mother got drunk on absinthe, so they’d be Tank & Abs.

2 Likes

You might wanna include Even Sweet Girls Must Eat in this category.

1 Like

Although it shared some players, it wasn’t a Whartson Hall game.

Session 2: Mythic D6 - Bastion: Guest GM Jerry D. Grayson takes the Wharties through a nice straightforward job, buying the thing and bring it back. How hard can it be?

6 Likes

More info on the Bastion setting can be found through the magic of hyperlinking.

This may help to keep track of who’s who:

Players & characters:

Roger: Io
Nick: Kwento
Shim: Chiasoka
Mark: Tayo
Tina: Akosua
Jon: Tejumola

GM: Jerry D. Grayson

4 Likes

Session 3: Definitely Wizards: We are taking the final wizardry exam! Only one little problem…

Using the rather fine micro-RPG of the same name. I still reckon I got the best character though.

Of course, being us, we couldn’t just leave it there…

3 Likes

Did you eventually realize that the game with Thoth was Truth & Justice, which used the PDQ System that started that whole line of conversation? :grinning:

No, because @BigJackBrass couldn’t make it. Thanks!

I rather liked the sound of Definitely Wizards, so picked up a copy earlier. £2.75 is a bit of a bargain, really.

2 Likes

Session 4: Overdue: Library assistants go to collect an overdue book. How hard can it be?

Overdue! by Sanae Rosen

4 Likes

This looks intriguing. I look forward to listening. Thanks.

Session 5: The Vampire Next Door: What, that nice Mr Alucard? There’s no such thing as vampires.

(ETA: this game, turns out that searching for it gets you a bunch of paranormal romances…)

4 Likes

Just got round to buying this.
That and the Terra Oblivion setting.

2 Likes

We actually did a one-short adventure in a single session!

I mean, it’s designed to last an hour for four players and two players did it in just under two, but…

Session 6: Call of Cthulhu: The Necropolis: It’s just a buried tomb in the Valley of the Kings. What could go wrong?

2 Likes

Session 7: Call of Cthulhu: What’s In the Cellar?: Look in the cellar, they said. Find exculpatory evidence, they said.

3 Likes

Session 8: Call of Cthulhu: The Dead Boarder: Just what was that nice Mr Gardiner up to?

(These last three are all in Gateways to Terror, by the way.)

5 Likes

Session 9: Call of Cthulhu: The Haunting: Roger had never played this classic scenario…

4 Likes

Session 10: Cthulhu Eternal: The Haunter of the Darkest Hour: A playtest for this WWII adventure.

5 Likes

Session 11: Cthulhu Eternal: The White War: On the Dolomites in 1916. There are worse places.

Adventure pwyw on DriveThruRPG.

3 Likes