Oath PBF companion thread, for rules questions and the like

@benkyo so does the oath keeper flip when I wake?

If nobody has taken it from you it should :slight_smile: then they have another round to take it or you win :slight_smile:

Sure does!

1 Like

Ssssshhhhhhhh! Esslei inwei atchei.

2 Likes

Ah, I see a Disciple of the Quiet Ones. Sorry.

1 Like

I feel like I should confirm: you know that you can search the cradle for 2 supply?

Perks: guaranteeing a look at 3 cards, and there’s no risk of drawing a new useless-to-you vision that the exiles would be happy to see you discard?

Cons: none?

I’ll do the search result tomorrow.

I hadn’t realised that! I’ll go and edit :slight_smile:

However, win conditions via Visions require that three visions have been drawn? Obviously one can try to supplant the Chancellor in other ways… edit: ah sorry I had missed that three had been drawn. Just ignore my post (I hate deleting my posts as they take so long to vanish leaving people to wonder what momentary madness possessed me)

If I’ve understood correctly, this places a warband to the Lush Coast. Do I now rule that site?

Play Key to the city to the lush coast.

Yes, that’s right.

One thing everyone seems to be forgetting is that a search is not just which card you play where, but also what order you put the cards you discard on the discard pile. Of course, not a huge effect on things, but also not something I want to decide myself.

2 Likes

This doesn’t work, because you do not rule the salt flats, the bandits do, so it is not a minor action to move Warbands there.

1 Like

Argh. I need to sit with the rulebook and work things out, which I may not have time to do today. Apologies for my slowness

2 Likes

Can you implement bandit tokens for the module? Although everyone will probably only forget this once :slight_smile:

Exactly. I mean, I could, but they just get in the way for normal play.

I made the same bandit mistake but it is something you pick up quickly.

“One favor from each bank” is insufficiently specific. There are 5 banks with favor on them. But with this set of instructions I would assume you leave the favor on Arcane.

The spirit snare trade would ordinarily get you 2 favor (1+1), but Arcane only has one favor left on it, so it would only get you one. Better perhaps to save the supply and just use the Spirit Snare minor action?

Anyway, that may affect your whole turn, so I won’t make any assumptions.

Yes, that’s fine, forget the move.

OK, just let me know when you post an edit.

Also, to everyone, but especially @COMaestro : this is totally a point where you can reasonably interject to say something like "if @Lordof1 does nothing about it and just dumps the usurper problem in my lap, I will allow the usurper to win, so I suggest we share the responsibility by… "

This is a game where negotiation is allowed, and passing the buck is an aggressive move (@Whistle_Pig was best-placed to do something about it, and already passed the buck, and again that is an aggressive move and could have been a moment for negotiation - “if you want any chance at holding onto your empire…”).

Of course, this is also just how I would play, and not everyone is open to or accepting of “table-talk”. If you all prefer playing with forced moves due to seating order, that’s also a valid way to approach the game.

(Apologies to @GeeBizzle for stirring the pot - I’m totally happy for you to win early, but negotiation is a topic I think needed to be aired.)

NB: Such player to player negotiation should take place in the game thread, if it is to be done. Discussion on whether it should be done at all is for this thread.

3 Likes