Mysterium PBF 1

Ok I will ask the obvious question - what?….

I now think I am the archaeologist- ladder down a hole plus treasure, plus of course all the rabbits (!)

Any other views?

1 Like

I agree, the treasure seems like that’s the answer.

I’m not certain, but I reckon I’m the swimming pool - valley in the background with lots of flying stuff.

When you want to make your actual guess, please bold it and I’ll add it to the table.

I’ll go for the knitter this time

1 Like

White: I’m getting a repeated impression of sticks (the broom, the target frame). If it’s the magician, that’s the wand. Soldier, the sinking boat and arrows. Cook/baker, I got nothing. Doctor, pointy arrows to hypodermics. Nun. nothing. Archaeologist, nothing. So my #1 is the magician, #2 the soldier, but I’m reserving my guess for now in the hope someone else will make things clearer.

@Whistle_Pig, the knitter is out of play because they were the right answer for Lordof1. Up at post 56 there’s an updated list of candidates.

Whistle_Pig/black

Cook/baker: the fridge implying food? Doctor: nothing. Magician: nothing. Nun: black and white? Archaeologist: gold colour, sense of adventure, scholarly woman?

DJCT/red

I definitely like the archaeologist for the treasure.

Lordof1/purple (place clue)

hmm, #1 the creepy clearing or #4 the study with dead animals?

Captbnut/yellow (place clue)

Agreed, the swimming pool is the most open of these spots.

COMaestro/blue

Between the two I’m getting a sense of confinement or enclosure - the nun maybe?

Ok Lara Croft for me. I may have some betting on guesses as others do theirs

Confirm swimming pool as my location.

Will place a positive marker on @DJCT

Remember tokens are refreshed after this round so you might as well use them. I’ll play a β€œcorrect” for DJCT too.

colour player step guess tokens here tokens reserve points
white RogerBW person knitter βœ“βœ—βœ— 0
black Whistle_Pig person knitter soldier βœ“βœ“βœ“βœ—βœ—βœ— 0
red DJCT person archaeologist magician yellow βœ“ white βœ“ βœ“βœ“βœ“βœ—βœ— 0
purple Lordof1 place βœ“βœ“βœ—βœ— 1
yellow Captbnut place swimming pool βœ“βœ—βœ— 1
blue COMaestro person archaeologist βœ“βœ“βœ—βœ—βœ— 1

AS for me… hmm, well I have birds which may match the bird on the tree/ clearing, but I’m not convinced. The lab has a skeleton in it, as does a Fakir. Coincidence?
Some of the sausages in the kitchen/ pantry look a little like snakes. Is @RossM leading me to sausages?
I’m nore convinced by the room with the shark jaw, there are birds here too as well as slightly exotic items which may be somehow matched by the snake charmer or the candlestick floating.
The swimming pool also has birds, and here they’re eating, like they are in my picture. Oh you feathered tempresses! Must you torment me so?!
I can’t see anything of immediate relevance in the attic or the laundry room. Maybe that’s a clue in itself? @RossM is cunning and wise and may not have entirely forgiven me for a sneak Klingon attack, so it’s possible he’s trying to throw me off the scent…
I haven’t got much to say about the shack other than it looks rather like my shed.

Hmmm. Hmmm. Overall I think I’m most convinced by the direct match of birds eating on the floor in both my clue and the Swimming pool so I’m going with that.

1 Like

Following my previous logic, both swimming pool guesses can’t be right so I may as well say I think @Captbnut is wrong, and I think @DJCT is correct this time (archaeolgists and rabbits go hand in paw, inseperable).

1 Like

I agree with your logic, my gut is more #1 solider and #2 magician but I’m really not very sure either way.

1 Like

I’ll go for the soldier and if it’s not wrapped up by morning I may change my mind.

But I think Captbnut is right, so I’ll play tokens accordingly.

white RogerBW person soldier knitter βœ— 0
black Whistle_Pig person soldier βœ“βœ“βœ“βœ—βœ—βœ— 0
red DJCT person archaeologist magician yellow βœ“ white βœ“ purple βœ“ βœ“βœ“βœ“βœ—βœ— 0
purple Lordof1 place swimming pool white βœ— βœ“βœ— 1
yellow Captbnut place swimming pool white βœ“ purple βœ— βœ“βœ—βœ— 1
blue COMaestro person archaeologist βœ“βœ“βœ—βœ—βœ— 1

In think I will go with the Nun. Just lots of black in my picture, and maybe my thought about nuns as teachers was correct for the first dream card.

I am going to use a token to guess @RogerBW is correct with the soldier and also that @DJCT is correct with the archaeologist.

I’ll say @COMaestro and @RogerBW are correct

You only had one β€œcorrect” token left. I’ll put it on COMaestro for now.

white RogerBW person soldier knitter blue βœ“ βœ— 0
red DJCT person archaeologist magician yellow βœ“ white βœ“ purple βœ“ blue βœ“ βœ“βœ“βœ“βœ—βœ— 0
purple Lordof1 place swimming pool white βœ— βœ“βœ— 1
yellow Captbnut place swimming pool white βœ“ purple βœ— βœ—βœ— 1
blue COMaestro person nun archaeologist yellow βœ“ βœ—βœ—βœ— 1
1 Like

Can I put an incorrect marker on @Lordof1 as well then please?

You did say that they refresh after this round? If not I’ll be more circumspect

1 Like
white RogerBW person soldier knitter blue βœ“ βœ— 0
red DJCT person archaeologist magician yellow βœ“ white βœ“ purple βœ“ blue βœ“ βœ“βœ“βœ“βœ—βœ— 0
purple Lordof1 place swimming pool white βœ— yellow βœ— βœ“βœ— 1
yellow Captbnut place swimming pool white βœ“ purple βœ— βœ— 1
blue COMaestro person nun archaeologist yellow βœ“ βœ—βœ—βœ— 1

Is there a clever way to pin the suspect, location, object and circumstance cards to the top of this thread so I don’t have to find them by scrolling up?

Also, to be a pain. I’m going to change my guess to the tree (first location). Black things hanging down look similar to my card, and I can see @Lordof1 's logix

1 Like