Mutant Future (and not at all Gamma World)

The Wharties play an old-school science-fantasy RPG, by Daniel Proctor and Ryan Denison

Session 1: It Doesn’t Say I Can Control It: In the grim post-apocalyptic future, there are only mutants. At least in this party. (Gameplay starts about 64 minutes in.)

Session 2: Cocksure Homo Erectus: A fight, a fight. (Not an Edible Plant.)

Session 3: A Distinctly Non-Trademarked Name: Area Effect Attacks and You, A Case Study

4 Likes

Hooray, another fine intro! :grin: If you do a sequel to this campaign, you could try a slight variation:

‘War’s navel changes. In fact, all our navels and belly buttons have changed, along with most of the other body parts attached to them. Because, you know… we’re mutants now.’ :radioactive:

2 Likes

I’m shocked that when the 15 foot acid covered tree spanning a chasm was proposed no one said “mind the sap.”

Also when it was said low on supplies for those who need supplies and low on money; I had a variation on the old chestnut come to mind: “what does a 15 foot tall mind controlling acid covered vampiric aura tree do with money?” “Whatever it damn well pleases!”

3 Likes

All too often gems like this come to us only as l’esprit de l’escalier, lost to podcasting.

2 Likes

Session 2: Cocksure Homo Erectus: A fight, a fight. (Not an Edible Plant.)

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. There may be… vegetarians.

3 Likes

Session 3: A Distinctly Non-Trademarked Name: Area Effect Attacks and You, A Case Study

Gloriosa Will Return…

3 Likes

Game relevant current art world content:

1 Like

Really, a mind-controlling murder plant is just the obvious next step.

2 Likes

No. It’s not