Last Game you sold! (Volume 2)

Fury of Dracula is in the post. All said, I wouldn’t mind having it on my shelf but the likelihood of play : opportunity cost of the market rate was too compelling a ratio.

3 Likes

I feel like playing it about once in 2-3 years, and a nearby friend owns a copy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You think they’re nearby, but there’s actually on Sardinia…

5 Likes

For good??

1 Like

I sold a game! :open_mouth:

Someone popped up on the trading group I’m in on FB asking if anyone had Reigns: The Council to sell. I’d never managed to get my copy played - occasionally pulling it out, but deciding against it. So off it went (or it will once the buyer has moved house).

6 Likes

I sold The Dead Eye at a weekend games convention, which is the first time I’ve tried to sell anything in ages. I failed to sell The Resistance: Avalon but will try again another time, after convincing myself that it’s a silly box for me to hold on to. If it doesn’t go next time, I’ll probably just donate it to the con’s games library.

4 Likes

It’s one of my favourite games (well, The Resistance version), but I hardly ever actually play it…

2 Likes

Got a bit more selling done and the collection is nicely under 100 games now. I have 4 expected which would take me over again, but only just!

Outs
18DO
18Ireland
On Mars
New Bedford

4 Likes

Based on the screenshot of his maths trade results that my friend sent me yesterday, I think I know where that copy of New Bedford is going… :laughing:

4 Likes

Sold

Chicago Express

German Railways

Last Spike

My other five cube rails games look nicer.

3 Likes

Sold Planet Unknown, wasn’t a bad game at all, but not a great one either (for me)

2 Likes

Not a sold game but I no longer own a copy of Lemminge. Some friends came for Christmas with their kids, 10 & 12. To keep everyone engaged I suggested a game and pulled Lemminge from the shelves. 3 games later we had Christmas dinner. So after dinner I gave them my copy, which went to France and is now in Australia. Just got a message ti say it’s such a hit they’ve played every day since Christmas. That is a successful present, possibly the best one I gave all Christmas it seems. Huzzah!!

17 Likes

The best way to part ways with a game!

5 Likes

The purge continues and a couple of huge boxes have gone so shelf space saving is big. Starcadia Quest has gone, I wasn’t enjoying the painting and had a nosey on BGG. There was a question of why don’t people like it and the consensus was that it was flawed balance and incentive wise compared to Arcadia Quest, so ruthlessness kicked in and it went.

The big one though is 18OE. I found it a fussy title, while I liked the building points and single space cities the overall thing was just too fussy and rules intensive for a comparative lack of increase in tactical/strategic play. For the more relaxed operationals 1861 just lacks rules overhead and is about the same for play interest.

4 Likes

Sold Quest for El Dorado: The Golden Temples, I prefer the straight A to B of the OG version.

Also Glass Road, never reached for it. Solid game, but if I cba to teach it.

Also up on the chopping block Condottiere.

2 Likes

I just sent out a package containing:

• Magic Maze on Mars: I like games about or with Mars, but I didn’t enjoy OG Magic Maze and likewise this one didn’t grab me
  • Rocketmen: we have better space exploration games and better deck builders. The game was not bad but wouldn’t see the table here
  • In A Grove: I am learning that I like the idea of many Oink games better than the reality with the exception of Fake Artist and Scout
  • Stellarion: Oniverse and I are not a good fit, this is the 2nd one I moved on, Aerion was the first
  • Canvas: I wavered between getting the expansions and selling it on … for a painting theme I still prefer Kanagawa. The card gimmick just isn’t enough for me. (also I am reasonably sure this was one of the reasons bundle sold so quickly)
  • Mazescape Ariadne: once again I liked the idea of this more than the execution. I found the map fiddly and never moved beyond the second puzzle.
  • Oriflamme: sold unplayed I am ashamed to say. I guess this was bought as retail therapy and without much thought :frowning: But when I studied the rules I realized this would not see the table. I tried bringing it to game nights a few times but there was no interest.

I also put Inkling in another package because while I can play English word games with my friends on BGA, the reality is that they would not hit the table in that language.

I also plan to move on the following games:

• old edition of El Dorado b/c new expansions -.- also new edition pretty, I’ll probably have to sell it cheaply as I am assuming I am not the only one who is doing this
  • Tindaya: much disappointed by the rules spaghetti… in my mind I had to compare this to Ankh last night and… I just do not want to try to learn this again.
  • Paperback Adventures: I played the steam app as well now and… even with less fiddliness I have a hard time making it through a campaign of this. Apparently I very specifically enjoy the deck building of Hardback.
  • My current copy of Wonderland’s War–I backed the expansion and ordered a fully blinged copy (this one was acquired retail and enjoyed it enough to go all in)–I need to do this now before the KS hits and the game is available again at stores. This way I will probably get almost what I payed for it…
  • Bad Company: I have bought a lot of great games on Zee’s recommendations. This is not one on which I agree with him. We enjoy Space Base far more and the solo mode on this one… doesn’t cut it.
  • Verdant: after Calico and Cascadia… I thought any game in this series is going to be good. But this is one I am not interested in playing again. I played a few solos and it just didn’t grab me in the same way those hex-games do. And so I also did not back whatever the next one was after Verdant.
  • Vampire Vendetta I have to face the reality that 3+ player games are almost impossible to get to the table for me. Not because I never play with 3+ … but when I bring a new game to game-night I want to have played the game and while I have 3 handed games in the past… some games are easier than others to learn that way and this one I could not manage.
7 Likes

Oriflamme is on BGA if you want to try it. I don’t think it’s as good as it could be, but I like it

2 Likes

I sold my complete collection of Super Fantasy Brawl to a friend for an absolute song this afternoon, all in an effort to secure a second copy of Rallyman Dirt from a local shop, which I’ll be gifting to another friend (who also got burned in the bankruptcy). Unfortunately it looks like this place only got the base game as well, so we’ll have to be happy with what we did get.

Before anyone gets any hint of generosity on my part, do know that I secured my own copy yesterday—first!—with no prior knowledge of another copy out there. This was purely to facilitate somewhat-less guiltful gaming. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Café didn’t quite do it for me; but the puzzle is genuine and my brother is a serious coffee drinker, so I’ve gifted it to him. Hopefully he enjoys it.

5 Likes

Just sold Planet Unknown, which is certainly not a bad game, but one I never really connected with.

2 Likes