Last game you bought?

You’ve got to give the game a chance. Shall we PBP it?

Assuming this is Hold’em-opoly I’ve already recycled it

2 Likes

How big are these? 22mm sounds… Small

1 Like

Yes, that’s part of the attraction.

Slightly larger than a penny

1 Like

Went for lunch today at a burger place near my local game store, ended up buying Search for Planet X, which sounded groovy.

I keep telling myself i dont need new games, I have a stack of unplayed ones. But that dopamine hit!

6 Likes

I know, I know. Can’t wait to visit the FLGS (I managed to postpone the visit for a week)…

Maybe we should have a thread about “How to not buy games” just to share a little bit about how to convince ourselves that we do not need that specific game. I think there was one on the old forum started by the expert of not buying new games.

3 Likes

Aeon’s End Outcasts (aka AE 5) has arrived. In normal times I would have been demoing this at Essen, so there’s a bit of sadness there, but I’m still glad to have it.

4 Likes

and in normal times I would be going to Essen and have visited the booth :wink:
Have fun! My partner actually inquired when we would play our Aeon’s End 1 again. So it seems that it left a good impression.

2 Likes

I had a thread about throttling game purchases, intended as a kind of counterweight to the consumer frenzy of most threads about boardgame transactions on forums full of people obsessed with boardgames. Obviously, it didn’t really fill up with posts all that quickly - the idea was to leave as long a time as possible between posts!

3 Likes

That’s the one I meant. I think it would be useful to restart that conversation–at least for me. Anyone else?

6 Likes

Its quite easy - have no money, time or space. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, that can be the problem. Instead of sounding like an advocate for moderation, it’s easy to end up sounding like sour grapes. If I had more money and space (and time), I would probably buy more games. But, and this is the big but, I probably still wouldn’t be able to play them all as much as I’d like, because of the shortage of other people’s time!

6 Likes

Often I even have problem with my own time, let alone having no one else to play games with. Modern life, eh?! Even nowadays!

2 Likes

Where no money is the only “real” issue because the other two can be meddled with as any Dr Who fan will know. (I mean the dopamine hit still comes when you spend the money, whether or not you get to play the game or stack it on top of the huge pile cluttering up the remainders of the living room.)

2 Likes

I literally have a couple of hours a month at the moment :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s funny - I’m at crunch time for a kitchen rennovation so I’ve just cancelled a number of game preorders as quite frankly I’m buying games that look interesting to play at some COVID-controlled future meeting.

I’ve payed most of my games less than 10 times and they’re great so why not play them. I love playing a few games over and over that everyone knows.

2 Likes

After backing Stefan Felds new (ish) games, I promised myself I would do another serious games purge

3 Likes

I’ll interrupt this discussion of Not Buying Games to announce that I… er… bought a game.
(But it is one I’d planned to get for at least six months)

7 Likes

After all this isn’t the “last game I didn’t buy thread” :wink: Very nice. That reminds me I meant to rewatch a couple of those movies. This does have a solo-mode right?

5 Likes

I’d be interested in a ‘not buying’ thread. I’m not sure how it would work - unless I post a game that I want to buy and then people pile in saying why it’s garbage!

5 Likes