Last game you bought?

I’d forgotten all about that game, but I’m pretty sure I wanted to play it. I’m keen to hear impressions.

Is that a soundtrack CD in the box?

I loved the PBF game we had here, and played another game with the TTS mod. Haven’t had a chance to play since, alas.

It is. Ripping it for the house audio server now.

4 Likes

Hope you and your group enjoy it, Roger! I also have Last Night on Earth and Fortune and Glory but have still never listened to any of the CD soundtracks included with them.

1 Like

I haven’t dealt with CDs for years when I have to remind myself what “ripping” is as a tech term.

3 Likes

Well yeah there is the standard consideration of whether I actually still have a CD drive. I do, though not a CD player except in the car and I don’t use that.

Immediate reaction: nothing special. Mostly instrumental, which is what I want from a game soundtrack.

2 Likes

Prior to running the PBF game here, I wrote this review of the game, if that helps too.

3 Likes

Delayed for several months–I expected this in June at the latest after it said April just a couple weeks before I pre-ordered–these two games were still early:

Notification from the shop said they were mailing ist yesterday, dhl said it was arriving on monday, yet here I am staring at two boxes I cannot do more than look at because we have plans tonight that do include seeing friends but not for gaming :wink: But there is a week-end ahead :smiley:

10 Likes

Got Samurai: the Card Game and Dynasties: Heirate und Herrsche (which is only available in German; never released in English) on a trade.

And got these on the Maths Trade:

• Cape Horn
  • Tyros
  • Favour of the Pharaoh
  • ZERTZ
  • King Chocolate
4 Likes

How does that even work? After I just played the tile layer yesterday, consider me curious.

2 Likes

My FLGS brought in the Dicey Waters expansion for Fleet The Dice Game, so I promptly ran down to pick it up. At $7.50 it’s a trifle, but with the main box costing $45, I think E-G would up the value proposition tremendously by including this little module in every copy. This is too good a game to be held back by their luxury tax.

Anyway, here I am whining about something I just ran out and excitedly paid for, but I’ve put just under $60 CAD into this little box and it’s hard not to feel a bit foolish about it.

3 Likes

I did a “fire and forget” on eBay. And end up winning Argent the Consortium with its 3 expansions sleeved and unused for £50.

That was highly unexpected.

6 Likes

I had my first splurge for a while, and placed an order for this lot:

• Pandemic: Fall of Rome
  • Unmatched: Cobble & Fog
  • Unmatched: Bruce Lee
  • Twisty Little Passages
  • Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion - Removable Sticker Set & Map
7 Likes

7 Likes

Bruce Lee is a blast in Unmatched. I recommend putting him against the raptors, if you’ve got them.

3 Likes

This is actually my initial foray into the game. Cobble & Fog was the most thematically appealing of the larger boxes (and seems well-regarded), and I just couldn’t resist adding Bruce Lee into the mix while I was at it.

2 Likes

The Key: Theft at Cliffrock Villa, because we played and enjoyed one of the other games in the series ( The Key: Murder at the Oakdale Club)

I saw the Firefly: Breakin’ Atmo expansion was on Amazon for around retail price, so picked it up. Now all I am missing is two expansion ships and the Big Damn Heroes promos, I think to have all the content. Anything else is just cosmetic improvements (of which, the Big Money is the most tempting).

3 Likes

My FLGS held a ding-and-dent sale yesterday, which is apparently all it takes to turn me into a Big Damn Spender. Once the dust settled, my bags were heaving with:

• Seal Team Flix
  • Nemo’s War (the rectangular box, not the newest square box)
  • 51st State: Master Set
  • Warfighter: The WWII Tactical Combat Card Game
  • MIstfall: Heart of the Mists
  • Asgard’s Chosen
  • Rome and Roll
  • Viticulture: Moor Visitors Expansion

All the games were 50 percent off or more, and just about every game I picked up had nothing more than slight warping of the box. The only one with significant damage was 51st State, but at an 80% discount I would have bought it wrapped up in a Ziploc bag.

And, as a sort of booster-rocket reward, my purchasing prowess awarded me a selection of 3 new games for free, which netted me Pact, Best Treehouse Ever: Forest of Fun, and Gascony’s Legacy. Looks like my solo dance card will be full for a while!

8 Likes

Oooh. That led to a further blow-out.

I realised another local store was having a sale, and that they had Cobble & Fog notably cheaper, so I did a switcharoo to get the better deal on that, and then made the fatal mistake of looking to see what other deals seemed appealing…

• Telestrations
  • Bohnanza
  • Horrified: Universal Monsters
  • Cthulhu: Death May Die
  • Ticket to Ride: London

Board game retail therapy is in full swing.

(Or maybe retail therapy in general – I’d also ordered a bundle of films from Criterion a few days ago in one of their regular flash sales. I should probably give my bank account a break now!)

7 Likes

I need to buy a lottery ticket or something. I just got informed that I won the grand prize in Rock Manor Games’ AwShux giveaway! So I’ll be getting Lawyer Up, Maximum Apocalypse, and The Few and Cursed. So sometime in December, according to the giveaway page.

Which is nice, as I was too busy to really do anything with AwShux this time around. Barely managed to enter the contests!

7 Likes