"Glaberant" or "Atrichant"?

There is in Flat Black a wide range of cosmetics and superficial body-mods available, from “skintone” (which dyes the stratum corneum of the skin in a wide gamut of colours, is applied by inkjets at about 70 dots per inch, and lasts no more than fourteen days) through high-tech tattooing and treatments to implant or remove pigment-producing cells in the dermis to treatments that induce the growth of keratinous horns and scales. And that’s without surgical sculpting. Along the way there are treatments that modify the skin’s growth of hair, which include varieties that suppress hair growth to produce glabrous skin or imperceptible vellus hair and varieties that promote the growth of thick pelts, including ones that make people grow hair of any desired length, texture, and colour, even bristles, fur, spines where they are applied.

The treatment that has always appeared most in play, it being assumed that PCs make free use of it unless specified, is one that reduces hair growth to an infantile smoothness. It being cheap, painless, easier than shaving and more lasting than waxing I suppose that it will be more in demand than shaving or current epilatory methods, which are used extensively.

In the past I have confused players by referring to this stuff as a “depilatory”, whereas that term in fact refers only to treatments that remove the part of the hair that protrudes from the skin. “Epilatory” is little better, as it specifically denotes something that pulls hair out. So I groped through a couple of glossaries and an etymological dictionary to coin the terms “glaberant” (from the Latin glaber, meaning “bald”) and “atrichant” (from the Greek a- (without) and trich (hair). Now I can’t choose between them.

Thoughts?

I’d take “Atrichant”, simply because it rolls off the tongue more smoothly.

Another Latin word for “bald” is calvus. Wiktionary says there is a derived verb, decalvo, “I make bald,” which could suggest decalvant or decalvatory.

Or, by analogy with atrichant, there is a group of mammals known as Pilosa, “the hairy ones” (meaning sloths and anteaters, by distinction from armadillos—a slightly odd choice, as really most mammals are hairy). I believe the underlying adjective is pilose. A simple negation would be impilose*, “not hairy”; an agent noun might be impilository, though perhaps impilosant would work.

Any of these words might be cut down in everyday speech: glab, decalv, imp [added: or impo].