General Asynch Recruiting Thread

Normally yes, but just started holidays so would be very sporadic.

I am always up for Tigers and Pots.

T&E, I’m game!

Gah, missed it was a premium members game. Before I pay up is anyone premium and able to start a game @lalunaverde @Snobbydolphin @COMaestro ?

I’ve just seen decrypto is on BGA now. Is it viable/worth bothering with ASync?

1 Like

We played it on the forums a few times. Works, but trends towards utterly unbreakable codes, due to the lack of time pressure.

Hey, apparently you played too!

2 Likes

You know I think as soon as you said that I had a feeling I played. :-/

I probably said back then whether it felt satisfying too.

4 Likes

More a PSA because I’m going on holiday at the weekend and I don’t want to start a game…

Pax Pamir 2e has been released in alpha on BGA today. I have no idea what’s it like, but if it seems playable does anyone fancy a game when I’m back in the UK in mid August?

Edit - apparently the implementation is good

4 Likes

I’m still committed to learning to like this game. We’re working through a Rallythetroops table right now but when that is done I’d be up for joining one on the mothership.

I may need to go back to some reviews. It just seems that:
a) It’s very easy to fall behind, if you fail to grok the board state until even one turn after the others, you’ll be behind, and
b) The cards and market too frequently don’t give you the tools to respond to that behindness.

It must be the case that I just don’t understand the tools yet, or that a primary tool is the other players at the table (which are hard to access online), or that there is an entirely separate response to being behind (give up and focus on the subsequent Dominance Check while the leaders are worried about this one) but I just can’t get ahold of the game state in an interesting way yet.

2 Likes

Emphatically, yes.

1 Like

If there’s room I will give it a go, and the delay gives me time to learn the game.

1 Like

I would definitely be up for this, if space. Means others don’t need to worry about coming last.

2 Likes

I’m game. ‘’’

1 Like

I think Pax Pamir 2e might be restricted to people in the alpha test group. I am now in that group, others can join on Discord by following this link, reacting to the post, and requesting access in the bga testing channel:

(If you need a Wehrlegig server invite: Wehrlegig Games and Friends this is only valid for 7 days)

Oh, also, this seems to be a really “alpha” alpha. Maybe better to stick with rallythetroops until bga is up to speed. (Or Vassal!)

2 Likes

Earth, anyone? I need to try this out to check it off my list.

1 Like

I’ve heard a lot of people mention it positively. I’d be up to give it a shot.

2 Likes

Played it once in person, had a great time - count me in.

2 Likes

Anyone want to try Tiwanaku on BGA? I can never say no to a logic puzzle game. (Would need someone who has premium to start it up though XD)

1 Like

Ditto, enjoy logic puzzles, not premium.

2 Likes

I don’t do a lot of logic puzzles, but I’m a premium member and willing to get sufficiently stomped in a new game.

3 Likes